Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first, my wildcat x 2015 wont go into low gear, I have seen threads that says to hold the shifter in low and add throttle but when I try to push the shifter to low it cant even get there even when the engine is off.
Second, when shifting to high from park it usally does not get in, after I add throttle and then stop it will eventually get in. ant suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
hi- happy new year to isreal ;-)

if you really have tried evr.thing- with little throttle etc.- maybe your cable is worn or not adjusted right!?

btw- most people never use park- ill park my car in N- even on the trailer.

u can try 1 easy thing- if you disconnect the cable from the rear switch/link and you try put in the gears by hand- then you know its a cable problem !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey again, great advice, helped me figure that the problem is in the cable, I have watched a video that explains how to adjust the cable, it says to loose the nut from the shifting lever side, it didnt worked for me so I tried it from the rear side and only after I got it completely loosed it shifted to Low but still didnt get into the gear. did I do somthing wrong? or maybe my cable is worn or something?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
...see !!? ;-)

so- as its not very expensive- IF you can get a new cable try it !!

can also be a problem with the gear pos. sensor (little black plastic box) maybe it SHOWS wrong gear !!

i would also order new ( i have this 2 things in spare for me)-

good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s actually quite a problem for me to get a new cable as I’m from Israel and here the importation taxes are very high so if let’s say I’m buying the cable which costs 100$ I’m paying double. So if there are not other ideas I think I will settle with not having the Low gear.
Thanks a lot for your help though.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
... isaw some cables on ebay for bout 50 bucks? too bad theres no aftermarket in parts unlimited?? i ordered over harley dealer sometimes.

be prepared - when goin steep and/or slow you can kill your belt !!

btw- i always ride with spare belt....;-)

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts