Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my 2013.5 Wildcat X out in the water and it got a little deep. No problems with the cat and the snorkel system kept the machine high and dry. So to speak. LOL. I did find out in the process of riding around today (120 miles) that my 4 LOCK switch wont stay engaged. Any thoughts on this problem would be helpful. Maybe a fuse or a bad switch? Thanks. Pics to come.

·
Registered
23 Posts
whos snorkel?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made my own snorkel kit for about $50, from PVC and the stock rubber boot that came with the cat. Works well to, cause I was in deep water yesterday and the machine just kept going. Cleaned up the machine today and was a little water in the site glass of the air box (about half full) and none in the clutch. I think some of the water came from me spraying it off last night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea i need to snork mine bad first ride out and filled the airbox full and i died 4 oil changes later and the oil was clean again so i wanna adress that before it costs me a lot of money

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got pics of what I did if anyone is interested how I snorkeled mine. If ur interested let me know and I will post the pics I have of my process.
yea i need to snork mine bad first ride out and filled the airbox full and i died 4 oil changes later and the oil was clean again so i wanna adress that before it costs me a lot of money

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey redx, id be intersted in the pics of your snorkel kit install...i swamped mine and awaiting dealer report on damage...worried, hope not too serious..tks

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea that would be great i ordered a highlifter snorkle but my cousin wants to change his( hes got a speedwerx cant even hear anythin but the clutch in the cab and it doesnt do the cvt outlet) so maybe ill build him one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got more pics of install (which I cant find for some reason) and will upload them with more info tonight on how and what I did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seemed to be sealed good enough. The site cup at the bottom of the airbox was only 1/2 to 3/4 way full of water when inspecting and cleaning the next day and the airbox was clear. I think the water might have come from spraying the wildcat off at the end of the day. I didn't seal it myself but probably will before next outing with RTV or something else just for good measure. I did go thru the whole machine the day of the ride and filled every electrical plug full of dieletric grease. EVERY PLUG. Think I covered all the bases. LOL. Found the pics I was looking for and will transfer to computer tonight have on tomarrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is pretty amazing. So I assume all electronics, speedometer/odometer and clutch system are 100% water proof? In otherwords, when I go to spray off the Cat I can safely douse the dashboard with shorting out something?

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
WHO SAID CAT DON'T LiKE WATER. IMG955084.jpg 131%20water-X3.jpg

·
Registered
731 Posts
Love that 2nd pic very cool

1 - 20 of 40 Posts