Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Cant find my owners manual, does anyone know how many quartz the x holds when changing the oil? 2 1/2 same as old wildcats? Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Yup, 2.6L. I just wish AC sold the oil in a container with 2.6L instead of more. Just easier to dump the whole thing in as opposed to stopping and checking the level 5 times as you fill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just don't overfill it. Its the worst thing you can do to these engines............
What does it do to them? I can tell you now I think this ACX is the thinnest oil I have been around. No wonder cases leak. This stuff runs like water and won't wipe off of anything. Crazy stuff. Wish it was blue or purple so I could see it on the stick. :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What does it do to them? I can tell you now I think this ACX is the thinnest oil I have been around. No wonder cases leak. This stuff runs like water and won't wipe off of anything. Crazy stuff. Wish it was blue or purple so I could see it on the stick. :)
If you fill it too full, these motors build up pressure and blow seals and stuff. Its been an issue since the 1000 came out. Its all good if you leave it below the full mark...........

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
I put some black shrink tape on my dipstick and shrunk it on there you can see the oil easy now
Even easier is to just use a black Sharpie and color over the knurled area. Biggest thing is just don't overfill.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's also complicated by the fact the manual says to check level when the motor is warm. Not easy when you just changed the oil. I thought mine was overfilled until I ran it first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts