Wildcat Forum banner

621 - 640 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Same up here. No taxes. Or should say no taxes until I license it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Same up here. No taxes. Or should say no taxes until I license it.
So you have to pay more taxes when you license it on top of the sales tax that you already paid other than the registration.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There are dealers already showing blowout prices on the old "new" models. Some incredible prices too I might add. Brand new ones were going for ridiculously cheap so that will certainly not help the used market, but that can be said for just about any changing market when a new model comes out.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
LOL! I see no reason why it would not sell for around $10,000. He has the X and 90+hp, plus lots of add ons and it will have a new motor.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No offense to Dave, but his Cat looks like it has been through a lot. A savvy buyer will not pay that. I know I wouldn't. It's got to look as good as it goes.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
So you have to pay more taxes when you license it on top of the sales tax that you already paid other than the registration.
I think he means if he does register it, and license it. He probably bought it in another state. You won't pay taxes on it ever if you don't register it.

Reactions: Hillbilly x cat

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
There are dealers already showing blowout prices on the old "new" models. Some incredible prices too I might add. Brand new ones were going for ridiculously cheap so that will certainly not help the used market, but that can be said for just about any changing market when a new model comes out.
That's true, but once again, a savvy buyer might look at a great used one that is only $2500 cheaper, and start adding up all the mods. Cage, seats, light bar, wheels, tires, stereo, he will know he can't get all that with $2500. The buyer has to be in the right place, at the right time, for the right deal.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
You and your AZ tax rules.
It's not an AZ rule, it's every state. If you trade something in, say for $5K, and the something you are buying is $25K, you only pay tax on $20K. So, in essence, you get a little bit more money on your trade in price. It's all just numbers.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No offense to Dave, but his Cat looks like it has been through a lot. A savvy buyer will not pay that. I know I wouldn't. It's got to look as good as it goes.
U should see mine! Its killed a few trees in the last 4300 miles, good news is the trail is wider!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Did think of that I've always bought in state from dealer.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
U should see mine! Its killed a few trees in the last 4300 miles, good news is the trail is wider!
You should see mine. We were in he dunes, and Dave (missiondude) says to Dave (ASHMAN) on a stop, "you want to see what a Wildcat engine is supposed to look like, and doesn't drip oil? Take a look at Hollywood's Cat". He walked over, and his jaw dropped, LOL! For the rest of the meet he kept checking out my/Laura's Cat.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Did think of that I've always bought in state from dealer.
It's got to be a really good deal for me to stay in state. I'd rather save a couple thousand on taxes. I don't register my off road toys anyway. Well, except the X3, that's street legal.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It's got to be a really good deal for me to stay in state. I'd rather save a couple thousand on taxes. I don't register my off road toys anyway. Well, except the X3, that's street legal.
A little different for us we have to have ours registered (TDS sticker) to ride in parks they aren't to strict about it but the insurance companies require it and once in awhile you will run into an officer wanting to be difficult. And of course making ours street legal is another/different registration.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
You should see mine. We were in he dunes, and Dave (missiondude) says to Dave (ASHMAN) on a stop, "you want to see what a Wildcat engine is supposed to look like, and doesn't drip oil? Take a look at Hollywood's Cat". He walked over, and his jaw dropped, LOL! For the rest of the meet he kept checking out my/Laura's Cat.
Sounds like mine the first day I brought it home, second day, not so much!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It's not an AZ rule, it's every state. If you trade something in, say for $5K, and the something you are buying is $25K, you only pay tax on $20K. So, in essence, you get a little bit more money on your trade in price. It's all just numbers.

I never paid attention as I either lease a car or have no trade in when I purchase new.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You got the lucky non-oil leak model. LOL! Everyone else with a wildcat that I ride with seems to get the oil leak model.

Dave drives the crap out of his car that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I'm with you there Hollywood!!! It could be in perfect mechanical condition, but if it looks like total hell, then I'm moving on to the next one. A lot of the Wildcats I see for sale on here look pretty good, with low miles and hours in most cases. Now with the new Wildcat XX, I think we'll start seeing even more.

621 - 640 of 722 Posts