Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Elka stage 5 shocks / suspension package for the XX?
I have it on my XX and I have not driven a stock XX so I am asking to see how you like them.
I do know that the bottoming resistance on these Elkas is amazing. and the 3" rear shocks look huge. like something from a race truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have it on my XX and I have not driven a stock XX so I am asking to see how you like them.
I do know that the bottoming resistance on these Elkas is amazing. and the 3" rear shocks look huge. like something from a race truck.
Best shocks I have ever had Tim, I changed the spring rates in the rear and left the fronts as they were and this thing handles like nothing I have ever driven in the des! We got into a bunch of those sharp edged water cut out last weekend and the CanAmX3 behind almost crashed trying to go through those gashes at the same speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have Stage 5 Elkas on my XX and the ride is superior over the OEM. The shocks are built to take topping out and no limiting straps are needed as they are band aids. My car is set up for the desert and have pre run the Parker 250 multiple times. What did you set your ride height at?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have Stage 5 Elkas on my XX and the ride is superior over the OEM. The shocks are built to take topping out and no limiting straps are needed as they are band aids. My car is set up for the desert and have pre run the Parker 250 multiple times. What did you set your ride height at?
14 Inches in the rear and 14.5 in the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Elka dealer who supports a few of the desert racers advise the ride height to be set at 16”. I have tried several ride heights and have found 16” is the superior height also have shocks set at full flow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Elka dealer who supports a few of the desert racers advise the ride height to be set at 16”. I have tried several ride heights and have found 16” is the superior height also have shocks set at full flow.
What spring rates are you running? I have tried to get my car to ride height and it’s always a little off from the stock recommendations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts