Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About three weeks ago I took my wildcat XX to the dealership for more repairs. This is my second wildcat XX that I was given about a year ago to replace my first wildcat xx that literally had a component failure every time I took it out and the second one hasn’t been much better. After talking with the dealer and seeing that he doesn’t have any inventory and didn’t know when he was going to get any we talked and he felt he had an opportunity to sell it for me so I gave him the go ahead and last week he sold it for me. I loved the chassis and the handling of that machine but the suppliers of the components that were put on these machines were crap except for Robbie Gordon’s suspension. I never had a rear axle failure. Main reason I got rid of it is because I have no confidence in Textron arctic cat/tracker. To those of you who are arctic cat fans and Have had no breakdowns I am truly happy for you people that was not the experience I had. I can not believe the total disregard that Textron is showing for the Long time dealerships that have sold the arctic cat product. I also don’t feel that they are showing any concern for the people who have purchased their products since they bought out Arctic cat. I have come to realize there are many Fine people on the forum and I plan on sticking around to enjoy the conversations. To those of you who are tied to the Textron corporation and have chastise me for comments I’ve made since I’ve been on this forum please keep your comments to your selfs. I have purchased nine new vehicles since 1989 and never had any problems within the first 75,000 ,100000 miles. Hell I have a 1987 Suzuki samurai that I took to the Dunes two weeks ago that hasn’t broke down on me in the seven years I’ve owned it and I have four wheeled all over the state of Oregon, Moab Utah with it. I went through two corporate buyouts and one hostile takeover in the company I work at for 23 years and this acquisition by Textron I believe is one of the biggest fiascos I have ever seen in the corporate world. Having said that I have no plans of buying another side-by-side I can go out and buy a really nice older Sandrail for $5000 or less and do everything I’ve done in my side-by-side and I can do all those things in my samurai just not as fast Lol. I wish nothing but good things to everybody that bought the wildcat xx but it has been the most disappointing thing I have ever purchased in my life.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I understand your situation and concern for the long time dealers getting the shaft. What parts Textron didn't make was built to their specs so I don't feel that is on the part supplier shoulders. Textron is a defense contractor lacking the experience and skills to deal with us rednecks. Arctic Cat stood behind their products but like you say reliability is what it is about. That killer suspension don't mean squat if it's up on jacks getting defective parts replaced.

Now go buy a Talon and be our test mule :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Didn’t your machine just win wildcat of the month and now she’s gone. tough break man sorry to hear about all your troubles. What all went wrong with it. Was wondering so I can keep an eye on those parts on my machine.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I understand your decision... sometimes when you get soured on a unit, you just can't shake it ... this happened to me with yxz ... I had nothing but issue after issue after issue when I had turbo installed ... I lost all confidence in machine and had to cut bait and lost my azz on it. While I occasionally miss shifting ... I still don't regret getting rid of it, very happy day when I sold it.

So Congrats !!! :) Hang around... I do. :) :)

·
Administrator
27,592 Posts
I understand your decision... sometimes when you get soured on a unit, you just can't shake it ... this happened to me with yxz ... I had nothing but issue after issue after issue when I had turbo installed ... I lost all confidence in machine and had to cut bait and lost my azz on it. While I occasionally miss shifting ... I still don't regret getting rid of it, very happy day when I sold it.

So Congrats !!! :) Hang around... I do. :) :)
Yeah, and if I let Frank stay.......

·
Administrator
27,592 Posts
J/K Frank.

We all go through it. I went through it with my Yamaha Rhino. That thing broke every trip. I started to hate going to Glamis! Can you imagine? I know a lot of guys say Yamaha's quality and build is second to none, but not for me. I'll never own another Yamaha product. Everybody moves on from one model / manufacturer, to another. No big deal. The forum is for SXS enthusiasts.

Reactions: lovedirt and Frank

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn’t your machine just win wildcat of the month and now she’s gone. tough break man sorry to hear about all your troubles. What all went wrong with it. Was wondering so I can keep an eye on those parts on my machine.
my first XX I bottomed out the rear suspension and broke the transaxle inner axle bearing cup casting and peace’s went through the transaxle and destroyed it. I also had wiring harness failure. Had a front sway fall apart, and a front shock replaced. The final straw was the front drive shaft coupler broke.That all happening before I got to 215 miles. My second XX split a cv boot first trip out and again second trip out. Then that sway bar started rattling and was sent up graded sway bar. Next rear shock started blowing oil out of the top seal. Also had grease blowing out of another cv boot but couldn’t find where it was coming from. I also started to see that oil was seeping out of axle seals on both sides of the transaxle and collected dust. Last trip out I had a problem with the drivetrain. I had stopped and when I took off next time it just wouldn’t get up to speed like It stopped accelerating. It did this for a while and then just went back to normal.this all happened in 310 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
About three weeks ago I took my wildcat XX to the dealership for more repairs. This is my second wildcat XX that I was given about a year ago to replace my first wildcat xx that literally had a component failure every time I took it out and the second one hasn’t been much better. After talking with the dealer and seeing that he doesn’t have any inventory and didn’t know when he was going to get any we talked and he felt he had an opportunity to sell it for me so I gave him the go ahead and last week he sold it for me. I loved the chassis and the handling of that machine but the suppliers of the components that were put on these machines were crap except for Robbie Gordon’s suspension. I never had a rear axle failure. Main reason I got rid of it is because I have no confidence in Textron arctic cat/tracker. To those of you who are arctic cat fans and Have had no breakdowns I am truly happy for you people that was not the experience I had. I can not believe the total disregard that Textron is showing for the Long time dealerships that have sold the arctic cat product. I also don’t feel that they are showing any concern for the people who have purchased their products since they bought out Arctic cat. I have come to realize there are many Fine people on the forum and I plan on sticking around to enjoy the conversations. To those of you who are tied to the Textron corporation and have chastise me for comments I’ve made since I’ve been on this forum please keep your comments to your selfs. I have purchased nine new vehicles since 1989 and never had any problems within the first 75,000 ,100000 miles. Hell I have a 1987 Suzuki samurai that I took to the Dunes two weeks ago that hasn’t broke down on me in the seven years I’ve owned it and I have four wheeled all over the state of Oregon, Moab Utah with it. I went through two corporate buyouts and one hostile takeover in the company I work at for 23 years and this acquisition by Textron I believe is one of the biggest fiascos I have ever seen in the corporate world. Having said that I have no plans of buying another side-by-side I can go out and buy a really nice older Sandrail for $5000 or less and do everything I’ve done in my side-by-side and I can do all those things in my samurai just not as fast Lol. I wish nothing but good things to everybody that bought the wildcat xx but it has been the most disappointing thing I have ever purchased in my life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been in the industry for over 35 years I have a 2019 XX I'm definitely a veteran rider at 60 years old and now only trail ride however my issues are ridiculous They have admitted the problem, Have tried to Fix it however it never makes it over 30 miles and repeats itself I've given him the opportunity for a proper repair at a very low cost. They've turn their head to it and I don't know where this company's going, the whole Textron thing with artic cat. I also own a can am
X-3 xrs 2018 no problems. Have owned 6 other side x sides no problems never back at dealers. I do not recommend a XX or artic cat to anyone the Co. Isn't behind you.
I only purchased mine because of the suspension and Robbie Gordon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
brownski
Registered

Joined 7 mo ago
16 Posts
Discussion Starter • #4 13 h ago
I too sold my 2019 wildcat xx due to very poor quality machine and zero customer support from my dealer and Textron themselves. Almost impossible to get parts for these machine from Textron. I truly believe the writing is on the wall for the arctic cat offroad division and will be sold again. Hopefully its bought by a company that cares about the customers and the arctic cat legacy.Best case scenario is that Yamaha buys the arctic cat offroad division..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel Yamaha will run as they are all about quality, attention to detail and customer satisfaction. Artic Cat is too un refined.
Run by minor leaguers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My dealer is great. It has made all the difference. I have also got lucky with things not breaking. I will say though, I'm really concerned about parts. Given the Textron history, I really don't want to give them the benefit of a doubt. If my rig breaks and it is sidelined due to parts, I will be really pissed.

I have heard of horror stories with parts availability for older cats. I'm in no mood for a parts issue with something that has been out for 3 years.

Hell I guess it isn't unique because of the virus, but my dealer has nothing to sell. They can still make money on service, but not if there are no parts.

It is surely a mine field these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The sad thing is 4 of my friends bought XX's
and we are now all selling them at a big loss.
No factory support with problems. All of us are veteran off roaders and love Robbie Gordon and what he was trying to do.
SAD !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts