Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen
Have there been any issues with wildcat xx head gaskets leaking coolant internally?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I haven't heard of anything concerning the head gasket.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Gentlemen
Have there been any issues with wildcat xx head gaskets leaking coolant internally?
I have not heard of any XX’s...think I remember seeing an issue or 2 with the Yxz’s. I know the water pump impeller has been an issue for the hard core racers on the Xx. You have an issue? Like with any engine there always can be a issue with a head gasket for no apparent reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
first time for me as well...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolant goes missing from coolant tank and no signs of external leaks. Thinking it must be an internal problem?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Check the coolant lines under the console

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the strange thing oil is clean not milky and temp is constant with no overheating issues. Checked skid plate multiple times and haven't seen any indication of the tunnel coolant lines leaking.

·
Registered
125 Posts
you can put a coolant dye in and check for leaks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have had to do the pressure test on my teryx and I was surprised that I found 2-3 leaks at various fittings and clamps.. Stant makes a good tester. FYI you make need to get an adapter to fit the radiator fill neck in order to use the tester.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully I can find the right adaptor to fit the coolant reservoir. Should have the answer this weekend.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Theres a very small hose that goes to a metal tube right under the intake behind the valve cover. It has a crimp fitting on it. Mine was leaking there but I could smell it. I took off that clamp and put on a regular clamp to fix it. May want to check it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could you actually see the leak or was the coolant evaporating as it leaked onto the engine?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I couldnt see it. I had to move the hoses around and felt it alittle loose. It wasnt leaking much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check the hose end coming from the reservoir tank see if there is any crusting or signs of coolant coming out. You may have a bad cap

1 - 20 of 20 Posts