Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding this last week to Utah for some fun trail riding in the mountains around Marysvale.
we got there late Monday afternoon and went for a night ride from our camp at big Rock Candy mountain to marysvale and back and had a great time.
I had a ride planned for Tuesday where we would head up Deer Creek Canyon and then from there to the summit, nice ride lots of good challenges along the way but nothing to terribly bad, I thought.
The three of us headed out for our ride and headed up this beautiful canyon.
I held the pace down around 15 to miles 20 hour With respect to the people that live in the lower end of the canyon, as we get past the populated area we spread out a little more to avoid the dust.
I thinking it was about 8 to 10 miles up the canyon it starts getting to be a one lane trail with a mountain on one side and a 150- 200 foot drop off so you’re probably going to be very focused on what your doing, so I am in lead and I hear one of my buddies say “trouble
and nothing more.
I got back to him on the radio and said I would be back there as soon as I get a place to turn around.
So I am picking up the pace trying to find a suitable place to turn around, needl to say I found a place about a half to 3/4 of a mile from where I was at, I called my other buddy and told him that I would wait for him to come this way and turn around and we would both go back to our buddy.
We get turned around and head back down the canyon expecting to see his rig with a flat or whatever, so we are traveling back down the canyon and we have gone quite a ways and no sign of him.
Called on the radio and he said that we had drove past him, at which point my heart sunk because I started to realize what happened.
We went down the canyon and found a place to turn around and headed back up talking to F. I told him to yell on the radio when he saw us, and he did.
OMG he had driven off the track and rolled the car to the bottom of a 200 foot drop off and landed on his wheels!
I told him that we were trying to figure out how to get to him, I sure as hell wasn’t climbing down that cliff/ hill for no amount of money, we traveled back up to the first turn around and parked.
We both started t hike down the stream to get to F.
We get to him and he is alright other than a few scrapes, and the car has a huge branch stuck between the roof and roll cage he was so lucky it would have killed a normal perso.
Now the next problem is how hurt is the car and can we get it out.
The car after a good crash scene inspection was able to start and after we got the limb out of it we started our trek up the creek it was some of the most intense recues I’ve been involved in.
Needless to say after 12 hours of hard work and a chainsaw we rented in town we got the car back out on the trail and drove the car back to Marysvale to eat and return the chainsaw.
I would not have bel it if I wasn’t there, these are the toughest cars out there, his cage was tweaked a little over the right front corner of the cage but other than that it doesn’t look to bad, wish I would have taken pictures of the wreck.
The owner of the car had an in car video goibf and after watching that I was pissed off , he was messing around with something in the cockpit and you can watch him drive off the track and instead of braking he romped on the throttle and broke the car lose instead of hitting the brake, in the video he is doing approximately 10 miles per hour and when he drives off line instead of braking you can hear him hit the gas like he was starting a drag race and then the car goes away!
I believe that he could very well have stopped where he was and instead of gassing it use the brake and we would have winched him back up but when he hit the gas there was no chance of saving it.
All I have to say is the Wildcat xx is one helluva car, did I mention he drove it over a hundred miles the next day over some tough mountain terrain.
Takes a li kin and keeps on ticking!
sorry about the grammar

·
Registered
68 Posts
Went riding this last week to Utah for some fun trail riding in the mountains around Marysvale.
we got there late Monday afternoon and went for a night ride from our camp at big Rock Candy mountain to marysvale and back and had a great time.
I had a ride planned for Tuesday where we would head up Deer Creek Canyon and then from there to the summit, nice ride lots of good challenges along the way but nothing to terribly bad, I thought.
The three of us headed out for our ride and headed up this beautiful canyon.
I held the pace down around 15 to miles 20 hour With respect to the people that live in the lower end of the canyon, as we get past the populated area we spread out a little more to avoid the dust.
I thinking it was about 8 to 10 miles up the canyon it starts getting to be a one lane trail with a mountain on one side and a 150- 200 foot drop off so you’re probably going to be very focused on what your doing, so I am in lead and I hear one of my buddies say “trouble
and nothing more.
I got back to him on the radio and said I would be back there as soon as I get a place to turn around.
So I am picking up the pace trying to find a suitable place to turn around, needl to say I found a place about a half to 3/4 of a mile from where I was at, I called my other buddy and told him that I would wait for him to come this way and turn around and we would both go back to our buddy.
We get turned around and head back down the canyon expecting to see his rig with a flat or whatever, so we are traveling back down the canyon and we have gone quite a ways and no sign of him.
Called on the radio and he said that we had drove past him, at which point my heart sunk because I started to realize what happened.
We went down the canyon and found a place to turn around and headed back up talking to F. I told him to yell on the radio when he saw us, and he did.
OMG he had driven off the track and rolled the car to the bottom of a 200 foot drop off and landed on his wheels!
I told him that we were trying to figure out how to get to him, I sure as hell wasn’t climbing down that cliff/ hill for no amount of money, we traveled back up to the first turn around and parked.
We both started t hike down the stream to get to F.
We get to him and he is alright other than a few scrapes, and the car has a huge branch stuck between the roof and roll cage he was so lucky it would have killed a normal perso.
Now the next problem is how hurt is the car and can we get it out.
The car after a good crash scene inspection was able to start and after we got the limb out of it we started our trek up the creek it was some of the most intense recues I’ve been involved in.
Needless to say after 12 hours of hard work and a chainsaw we rented in town we got the car back out on the trail and drove the car back to Marysvale to eat and return the chainsaw.
I would not have bel it if I wasn’t there, these are the toughest cars out there, his cage was tweaked a little over the right front corner of the cage but other than that it doesn’t look to bad, wish I would have taken pictures of the wreck.
The owner of the car had an in car video goibf and after watching that I was pissed off , he was messing around with something in the cockpit and you can watch him drive off the track and instead of braking he romped on the throttle and broke the car lose instead of hitting the brake, in the video he is doing approximately 10 miles per hour and when he drives off line instead of braking you can hear him hit the gas like he was starting a drag race and then the car goes away!
I believe that he could very well have stopped where he was and instead of gassing it use the brake and we would have winched him back up but when he hit the gas there was no chance of saving it.
All I have to say is the Wildcat xx is one helluva car, did I mention he drove it over a hundred miles the next day over some tough mountain terrain.
Takes a li kin and keeps on ticking!
sorry about the grammar
Glad everyone walked away from that. I would love to see some pics of the car post crash. It's one of the reasons most of us buy this car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would post the video from inside the car during the crash, but I promised my good friend that I wouldn’t embarrass him with the video.
wish I could it’s an awesome video!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would post the video from inside the car during the crash, but I promised my good friend that I wouldn’t embarrass him with the video.
wish I could it’s an awesome video!
You could edit the vid. Do an upload to youtube and it allows to do some basic editing last I recall. You can also mute the vid. And after pic/vid of the resue and wreckage would be interesting as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts