Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my wildcat for 2-weekends....unfortunately it's been more trouble then it's worth but I'm hoping this last trip to the dealership will resolve the issues. I picked it up from the dealership 1/6/2012 and the following day I drove 3-hours to gator run out by Longview Texas to rip it up! When I started my wildcat I noticed white smoke from the engine. I saw a puddle of oil on the bottom of the skid plate so I took it a part and discovered the factory left out the gasket for the valve adjustment plate! Weekend over...!! After resolving that issue I figured I would give it another go this past weekend and took it to river run out by Athens, tx. The machine climbed, hit rough terrain, and handle the sand and mud for and 3-hours without issue but then it went into limp mode!! I pulled back to camp called dealership and they were boggled. So I took it apart, checked plugs, air filter, unplugged battery hoping to reset, checked fuses, and needless to say took it back to the dealership 2-hours away. In the 5-hours time the factory left out a gasket, it went into safe mode, a bolt fell out of the silencer, the netting on the doors rattles (missing spacer or washers), the plastic/nylon shock protector on the top of the shock is already cracked and shock squeaks, and it was missing 2-body fasteners I'm hoping I didn't get a lemon and maybe soon I'll get to enjoy it but time will tell.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Another liar, youve posted this 3 times and havent posted anything else or provided any proof you even own a wildcat.:liar:

Reactions: JackRabbit

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had my wildcat for 2-weekends....unfortunately it's been more trouble then it's worth but I'm hoping this last trip to the dealership will resolve the issues. I picked it up from the dealership 1/6/2012 and the following day I drove 3-hours to gator run out by Longview Texas to rip it up! When I started my wildcat I noticed white smoke from the engine. I saw a puddle of oil on the bottom of the skid plate so I took it a part and discovered the factory left out the gasket for the valve adjustment plate! Weekend over...!! After resolving that issue I figured I would give it another go this past weekend and took it to river run out by Athens, tx. The machine climbed, hit rough terrain, and handle the sand and mud for and 3-hours without issue but then it went into limp mode!! I pulled back to camp called dealership and they were boggled. So I took it apart, checked plugs, air filter, unplugged battery hoping to reset, checked fuses, and needless to say took it back to the dealership 2-hours away. In the 5-hours time the factory left out a gasket, it went into safe mode, a bolt fell out of the silencer, the netting on the doors rattles (missing spacer or washers), the plastic/nylon shock protector on the top of the shock is already cracked and shock squeaks, and it was missing 2-body fasteners I'm hoping I didn't get a lemon and maybe soon I'll get to enjoy it but time will tell.
Dang.....glad I did'nt get a display model:tounge-in-cheek:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lmfao :couch:

Pretty sure every dealer knows about the Pin that needs to be input after the Wildcat is bought. Saying that it went into limp mode and your dealer was stumped, well its just a tad fishy!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i am just curious, why or how you determined the guy is liar? no pictures makes it a lie? or do rzr lovers come here to post bad info on the competitor? i am just curious why people would come in a make up stuff like that just to discourage people from buying? not really sure i follow the reason for the attacks? enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Pawn to me it was the cat going into limp mode and his dealer being stumped. They all know about it. He posted this in 3 different threads. We want pictures because his story is full of holes. If you read it again he even says it went into limp mode and the dealer didn't know that? How the hell does that make sense. So he randomly checked everything knowing it was in limp mode? I'm missing my pin number but I am going to pull my ride apart for what reason?

There is another conclusion, he stole it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Limp

Jack, im not taking any sides here. But when i got my wildcat last week i ask my dealer about the pin, and they knew nothing about it, luckily i read about it on this form, and educated them about it, i would have left out of there with no pin, if i had not said anything, take it for what its worth

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i am just curious why people would come in a make up stuff like that just to discourage people from buying? enlighten me?
Perhaps to justify their now regrettable purchase decision. IE RZR or Commander McBragg. I have not posted on this, but since you inquired, I had a local wrecker operator at the store the other day, he had come in for a battery, but was awestruck by the Wildcat. He had heard and read about it, but had not yet seen one. He was drooling profusely, and said he would come back with his wife. He came back the next day with his wife, and hesitantly told me he wasn't sure he would buy one, because his buddy told him A-C was going to halt production and recall them all because the frames were all breaking! Give me a break. I told him that we had met the lead engineer in Barstow, and that his friend was, at best, FOS. I then asked him, " Does your buddy own a RZR?". His response, "Yeah, why?". Nuff said.

Look, this guy may be legit for all I know, but if you think the RZR and Commander McBragg fanboys are not capable of flat-out fabrication to make the WC look bad, guess again. This guy certainly does not make it look good to come here with such a post as a first post, posting it multiple times, and then not offer any means to show he actually owns one. Let him post the last ten characters of his VIN, and we'll see.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Jack, im not taking any sides here. But when i got my wildcat last week i ask my dealer about the pin, and they knew nothing about it, luckily i read about it on this form, and educated them about it, i would have left out of there with no pin, if i had not said anything, take it for what its worth
That's sad.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Wildride I mostly post to amuse myself, I am an animal afterall. Copper has a small shop but the man is on top of his game, I kinda figured anyone wanting to really sell these would simply do the same. Now if only Copper would call me and say its [email protected]:pat::(:tounge-in-cheek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's pathetic that a dealer could not know SINCE THERE IS A BIG BOOK WITH IT AND ON THE FRONT PAGE SAYS "UNIT SALES REGISTRATION PROCEDURE!!!":pat:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If nothing else though in this thread Daman anyone who buys a wildcat and reads here will probably smack their dealer about the pin before it leaves the shop. That just means less frustration over the cat. Imo this is a win thread just for that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hope so because the gauge is flashing a code the whole time until the pin is entered. It's the first thing I noticed when I sat in our floor model and started it. Dealers should take it apon themselves to learn everything they can about a new machine they are selling. At least that is the way I look at it. Our whole staff spent an hour going over it from front to back to learn anything we could.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts