Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can see them doing this down the road to compete with the RZR4, however I don't think sales of the RZR4 have been all that great?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think you will see different "tiers" of Wildcat before you see a 4 seater. Similar to the RZR/RZR S/RZR XP tiers that Polaris has now. The RZR is the number one selling Polaris sport sxs model in the northeast part of the country and many other regions, tons more then the XP. The XP's are king in the southwest, but that's about it.

I understand you won't get the travel and suspension of the Wildcat in its current form in a narrower machine, but I bet you will see a 55"+/- wide Wildcat before you see a 4 seater. I bet Cat will get RZR XP-like suspension travel in a 55-56" wide machine using the Wilcat template.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
i hope they do because the rzr 4 is the only one in the industry.
There is also the Ranger which is technically a 6 seater. Plus There are other companies with non sport models with seats for 4. The problem with a 4 seater sport model is the length and the power. Weight kills these smaller motors. My buddy has a RZR 4 and with 4 adults in it he only has 5-6" of ground clearance. It high centers everywhere. Plus it is a dog with 4 adults in it. I think if they come out with other sizes of Wildcats, it will take years. They would have to start over from the ground up. The current frame, suspension, balance etc, was made for only this size vehicle. I wouldn't expect a smaller version for 3-5 years..................

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
There is also the Ranger which is technically a 6 seater. Plus There are other companies with non sport models with seats for 4. The problem with a 4 seater sport model is the length and the power. Weight kills these smaller motors. My buddy has a RZR 4 and with 4 adults in it he only has 5-6" of ground clearance. It high centers everywhere. Plus it is a dog with 4 adults in it. I think if they come out with other sizes of Wildcats, it will take years. They would have to start over from the ground up. The current frame, suspension, balance etc, was made for only this size vehicle. I wouldn't expect a smaller version for 3-5 years..................
Yeah and for all you know they designed them all together and can start production at any time.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's entirely possible. But if so, it would have made a much bigger splash to introduce any others in the same line at the same time. I am guessing there is one, and will be for awhile. Which is just fine by me!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts