Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering waiting it out for next year based on what I went through with my RZR. I bought the Polaris RZR in 2007 and that machine had a lot of little (and major) bugs that got worked out in later model years. Anybody who owns a first run Arctic Cat ATV or SXS or those who have knowledge and or experience with the Artctic Cat brand, please chime in and let us know if you had any problems and if you recommend waiting or not.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well if they hurry up and release it then when I buy mine next year the bugs will be worked out in theory. I had a gen 3 08 rzr but they hit a home run with the 09 S every year has had some issues though. Nothing is perfect. I am just hoping for a decent ammount of accessories from the vendors.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I Would Get One Now If I Could
Love Testing
Oh And Wecome To The Site

·
Registered
157 Posts
I normally don't buy year 1 models but I want a SxS and am willing to take the risk. I have a great local dealer who will bend over backwards to take care of me. I was thinking a rzr or rzr s, but the dealer issue outweighs the model year 1 issue in my opinion. I had an '07 F5 that was a year one sled. it had some issues but every one was addressed by my dealer and I lost no seat time that winter. he even came to my house to complete one of the fixes.

There will be bugs but I am not waiting 2 to 3 years before all the bugs worked out. In the meantime I will be a guinea pig rock star!!! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have allready order one from My dealer in Sweden, yes I know, he can't order it yet, but I have ordered mine allready. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I normally don't buy year 1 models but I want a SxS and am willing to take the risk. I have a great local dealer who will bend over backwards to take care of me. I was thinking a rzr or rzr s, but the dealer issue outweighs the model year 1 issue in my opinion. I had an '07 F5 that was a year one sled. it had some issues but every one was addressed by my dealer and I lost no seat time that winter. he even came to my house to complete one of the fixes.

There will be bugs but I am not waiting 2 to 3 years before all the bugs worked out. In the meantime I will be a guinea pig rock star!!! :D
I might buy from your dealer. Where are you located? The only dealer I know of in the Nashville, TN area is Bass Pro Shop and I'm a little skeptical of purchasing from a retail store.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am definitely waiting. I ran into two RZR XP owners last week on the trails and had a nice talk. One used to own a RZR, then a RZR S, then an XP. The way he explained his experience convinced me that if I was to get an RZR, I would drop the extra coin and get the XP. He rarely gets into situations where width is a factor, even in our woods. His buddy bought his old RZR S, then traded that in for the XP once he rode his buddies.
What they both expalined to me is that eventually the narrow quad trails will widen. When you get into the wide open areas those machines are wicked and the suspension is amazing. I watched them climb some rocks and wow, the suspension just allows the machine to creep over some pretty wild stuff. We talked about the Wildcat and what he told me was interesting, that if the Wildcat is packaged the way it is rumored to be, he thinks it will be a meaner machine then the RZR XP because it will have features that RZR XP owners have been asking for.

I can't see dropping that kind of coin on an RZR XP, then a few months later regretting not getting the Wildcat. It gives me more time to save up anyways.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I meant I am not waiting for the next years edition of the Wildcat...I'm gonna be first in line out here in Cali...lol...almost done rebuilding my Teryx (which is a formidable machine...got about 30K in that one) and I am on pins and needles about this machine...that's what I meant by not waiting...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I meant I am not waiting for the next years edition of the Wildcat...I'm gonna be first in line out here in Cali...lol...almost done rebuilding my Teryx (which is a formidable machine...got about 30K in that one) and I am on pins and needles about this machine...that's what I meant by not waiting...

ooooooooooooooooo....lol......I'm with ya man....we got coal sand in these parts....that black will be nice

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Im Closer To TRF So I Hope To Get The First One lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
I will wait until Spring since our riding season is coming to a close (I'm a wimp and don't ride in the winter) and that gives you all out west time to test them out and report your findings.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts