Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got here around 6PM after driving 436 miles. Got to see the Wildcats right before they were all getting ready to head out to the dunes again. Took a few pictures but nothing great. So anyone else that came down post up your pictures and thoughts and impressions once you get back home. Looking forward to hearing from others. Maybe I'll run into someone from the list too.

So here are my pictures for tonight.

That green in person is soooooo much better looking.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree on the green color, did not like it till I saw one in person at barstow demo, now hope thats the color I get, but a black one would be ok too. I also drive 450 miles to demo, cat was awesome, now have deposit on one. Windchester dunes is an awesome place, hope you enjoy your demo, I think you will.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning everyone,
It is 7:40 and we are headed out to breakfast and then over to the Demo Ride. Will be back later with some pictures and then tomorrow when I get home hopefully some video.

Later.............................Excited like a kid going for thier first pony ride!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went and made myself go drive the Wildcat. It really was a inposition to make myself drive 8+ hours and then sleep on the lumpy hotel bed just to see a darn SXS!! On top of which I have my 9 year old daughter with me and she is more interested in going swimming. So what a pain..................................................................................................................... ;):cool::D:rolleyes:

Ok so I am full of it and I know it.
We got to the Demo area at about 8:30 and they weren't going to start until 9AM. So I took some pictures and talked with some folks. I really didn't learn anything new that hasn't been said already. If you haven't seen the Wildcat yet you need to try and make a Demo day. There really isn't anything that compairs to it. Yes the RZR XP might have it from 0-30 but that is it. And if there is any bumps or mogals then the Xp isn't going to be able to run as fast. And from the AC rep that rode with me, they are working on some type of grab handle for the passenger but they have to worry about copy right infrigment. So it can't just be the T-handle like in a RZR. Also as has been said before the clucthing right now is just the prerelease mocels and they will be tweaking it before the production units are released.

I have only been in a RZR XP once and while it was a fun rig I like the Wildcat better. You feel a lot more planted in the seats and it just seems more stable. It was raining today the the sand was very firm and you couldn't see how it did in the loose stuff. But hey it has stock tires on it too. Talking to the dealers that were there they had been playing around since Thursday. The Widcat was able to climb Banshee Hill with stock tires last night after the sand had gotten a little wet. Again this is with STOCK tires so with paddle tires I am sure the Wildcat would not have any issues on the dunes. I guess one of the dealers rolled a Wildcat too. I got to see the unit and it doesn't look any worse for wear. I couldn't see any evidence of the roll.
Also the rep that rode with me said they had broken a few axle shafts while at Barstow but the manufacture fix it right away. They tested the axles and found that it was a bad batch that hadn't been treated/cooled/heated right. So it is fixed now.

So here are a few pictures from my day. I am going back for a second ride this afternoon. I'll get some more pictures then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi to all, i am a newbie here in the forum, interested as many of you in this utv awesome vehicle... i own a rzr-4 which has be a very good SXS and love it...

however i am thinking to change it for the cat...!!!!

wildman, in the pic #10, is that the radiator oil cooler? and also someone said in other post, where is suppossed to be the winch?

thanks a lot!

sergio,
mazatlan mexico.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok folks I am back. Got all my pictures loaded onto Photobucket and then some of them in an album on here too. So go look at my albums.

So a few things to talk about. I went back to check out the Wildcats at about 1330. Got there and there was a wait because there had been some issues and only 2 rigs were usable at that point. When I got my turn to drive I went out with just the AC rep and no other rigs unlike this morning where we went out together and played follow the leader. So this afternoon since I was alone the AC rep told me to open it up!! I had this thing up to 70MPH over some WHOOPS that would of had the RZR bucking and bounching all over the place. I had a way better time in the afternoon. I again noticed it being a little slow off the line but once it got going it up and gets.

So I took a bunch a more pictures and tried to get the answers to some questions. Found out where the winch will mount at. It is answered in the other thread started by TX. I asked about the air intake for the throttle body and clutch housing. If it is water tight like they said I like it but I would also like to have it apart to see better how everything is ran. I posted a picture in that thread too but it isn't that great a pic.

So there was a roll over by a dealer or dealer rep?? Not sure the whole deal but no one was hurt which is the biggest thing.
No damage to the roll cage at all. Which yes the sand can be forgiving but it is also a lot harder than you think. I guess the driver tried to take a jump at a 35* angle and it rolled 4-5 times. Blew the bead on 2 tires and bent the lower radius rod on the drivers side.

And the paint held up pretty good too. And for only having the 3 point harness they worked well.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops sorry Inmoralista,
Yes that small radiator on the front is the oil cooler. And there is an coolant overflow bottle if you look at 5th & 6th picture in my post from this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
The picture of the lower radius cracks me up. You can tell they banged the crap out of the apex of the bend but it didn't budge. That is the sign of good material, folks! For a roll over of the magnitude you discuss, this is very limited damage and totally trail fixable with basic tools. I am really liking this machine. I rolled my Honda FL400 pilot once all the way over and the thing was JACKED UP. Good contribution wildman. Much appreciated sir.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RPM,

Not a problem. That is what we are all here for, to share information and ideas right? I also want to add that everyone can add me to the growing list of Wildcat SOON TO BE OWNERS!!! My deposit will be going in at the begining of the month. I will not pick mine up until the end of March or the begining of April due to all the snow at my house but I am getting one after being able to drive one, sit in it and see just all what this thing can do.

So I guess we will need to start a thread to see who all have a deposit so far.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Pic 5 & 6 Rad
Can See It Being All Beat To Heck In A Good Season
Needs Some Kinda Screen

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Will have to watch it and see what or why that is happening. Could it be some of those hoses hitting the radiators? Good catch FOM.

It is time to head home. I had a blast visiting Winchester Bay, took tons of pictures of the Wildcat and a little video too. I am glad I made the drive down here and REALLY glad I got to drive the Wildcat because it helped me make up my mind. So I'll be home in about 9 hours and will catch up with everyone then.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Good pics...the rear radius rod will be a good seller for Arctic parts co!!!:D

and

I can see a stouter chromoly tube with good rod ends in my future.:cool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the pics/info Wildman, drive safe.
Thanks and made it home around 5PM. We went a total of 900 miles over the weekend.

Good pics...the rear radius rod will be a good seller for Arctic parts co!!!:D

and

I can see a stouter chromoly tube with good rod ends in my future.:cool:
When you take into consideration what it took to bend that radius rod I am not sure it will bend all that easy. Well not as easy as the RZR Xp's do. If you sneeze on them they bend.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I just found out the real story about the rollover yesterday. Found it over on the RZR forum.......hehehe

My dad and I just got back from the A/C customer ride at the Oregon dunes and the only wildcat that broke was caused by a newb running into the face of a 6 foot dune lip at 50MPH. After doing a complete flip in the air it landed on the left rear tire causing it to dismount and then barrol rolling three times before coming to a stop. The damage was one pretzeled rear control link, two dismounted tires and some creased plastic.. After fixing the two tires out on the sand the a/c boys drove it back in, replaced the link and it was good to go.. I know if I would of hit that same lip w/ my XP900 it would of been a yard sale.. Dont get me wrong I love my 900 Poo as I have over 1000 miles on mine but I think cat has stepped up to the plate swinging. My XP did feel faster though but only in the smoother area's. In the woops the cat just flat out works...

·
Registered
986 Posts
If the roll over story is true, that is pretty damn impressive. Last month at little Sahara in oklahoma I saw an xp that had been riding wheelies over a roller. It caught the rear bumper in the sand, walked sideways, took a cart wheel. The driver side tire and a arms were under the driver floor board, all the plastic was destroyed, the bed was crushed, and god knows what else was bent that you couldn't see at a glance. The reviews continue to impress, sounds like most that drive it, on here anyway, are buying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts