Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of Side Window Nets that will fit the Trail XT windows as they are stock? I've seen one's that could attach to front ROPS and rear on side - Didn't know if any of our vendors carry one..

Also in need of mountable fire extinguisher - couldn't find legacy posts about them so ..........

Thanks for the help folks!:cool::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Does anyone know of Side Window Nets that will fit the Trail XT windows as they are stock? I've seen one's that could attach to front ROPS and rear on side - Didn't know if any of our vendors carry one..
Also in need of mountable fire extinguisher - couldn't find legacy posts about them so ..........
Thanks for the help folks!:cool::rolleyes:
check out my signature info...tusk holder/extinguisher at www.rockymountainatvmc.com ...
was gonna refer you to a gay firefighter...but not pc...

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought our ROPS were - 2"

• Stainless steel T-bolt clamps fit 1.7"-1.875" roll bar tube sizes"

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I just ordered the same Extinguisher Kit -

Now I still need the side window nets - Summit has about a billion to choose from -

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe there's a one size fits all for window netting on the Trail - anyone have an idea for one let me know - There's about a 1000 to choose from over at Summit -

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Hey Steve, I know there's someone on here that has a tutorial on how to make your own netting. I think it's cyberbot or something like that. He has the tutorial link in his signature. I don't know if you could get one from Summit that's close and fabricate it to fit. Just some ideas.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats not a bad idea, without adding rops directly overhead the only net i can think of would be adjustble...sure wish i knew welder with some tubing laying around. It would make it easier to get one then.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Could you attach a net to the top of your cage, then figure out a way to attach it to the door in a way that would be easy to hook/unhook and then you could just flip it up over the cage when getting out. :33:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoping maybe Brian or alex or josh knew...i have an email to summit and waiting on response.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump - Need some nets for racing - Trail without cage modification not so sure

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Contact PRP , they made some for mine. Quality parts!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Contact PRP , they made some for mine. Quality parts!
\Will do - Thanks Alex! - Doing the NEATV-XC this upcoming season - much less strict on the fireproof suits etc; plus its' all in my area which makes travels easier - trying to sell my 6x12 to get a toy hauler -

·
Registered
165 Posts
weld a couple tabs on and put up a net like nascar or other motorsports forms, they have quick releases on them.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Twisted stitch made mine for the race buggy.
Lower mounts to two tabs with a rod that holds the net to the door bar. The top rod slides into a tube and at the front used a seat belt buckle to latch it. Most race classes have rules for how large of an opening is allowed meaning the summit generic ones wont likely pass tech inspection. This mesh style net has pretty good visibility.
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0872.JPG

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I thought - need to find local race shop to make a few welds - guy around corner is gone for winter/spring to florida

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
\Will do - Thanks Alex! - Doing the NEATV-XC this upcoming season - much less strict on the fireproof suits etc; plus its' all in my area which makes travels easier - trying to sell my 6x12 to get a toy hauler -
a buddy of mine races their mx series and has been trying to get me to go out there - will have to see what kinda time I have to play with maybe I can make it out to one.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be great to see - I have application and money into them and waiting for # assignment - Of course - Nets permitting - heh

Races I know of are NY, PA, MA, NH, ME,

Sure there's more, just waiting on schedules -

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone else have pics of what i can use for tabs on my Trail - The cage is stock which i hate but for now has to work - I can put 4 welded tabs but wondering what kind of tabs and what net to go with- so far ash thanks for those pics - if there's other styles please post - Alex can you post your rig's net setup how it's hooked in...or mabe Brian or another racer can post a pic or two..thanks ash and all !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts