Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can buy the windshield base by itself? I have a diy windshield that works fine but if you need access under the hood you have to remove the windshield first... Going thru a lot of zip ties. If i could get a hold of a factory base I'd cut my windshield to fit it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I remember someone looked into it and the cheapest way is to buy the half window and it comes with. Seperate was almost same money.

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a search on that part # and came up with this place in Saskatchewan... about $50 Canadian plus shipping. I might give them a call and see what shipping will cost me. Thanks Alex

Brown's Leisure World - Arctic Cat Parts Online

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Not sure how far you are from an ac dealer but any ac dealer should be able to get you the base now that you have the p/n. Might be a cheaper option.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
I remember someone looked into it and the cheapest way is to buy the half window and it comes with. Seperate was almost same money.
Yeah it was me. But I was looking into just getting the half windshield without the base, but got conflicting info and it was pretty close to same price with or without base, so I just bought the whole thing from awesome off road for a decent price. So now I have a base with the 1/4" windscreen.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yeah it was me. But I was looking into just getting the half windshield without the base, but got conflicting info and it was pretty close to same price with or without base, so I just bought the whole thing from awesome off road for a decent price. So now I have a base with the 1/4" windscreen.
So I'm not going crazy and seeing text in my head. Had it backwards though so maybe I'm just dyslexic. Figures the base is the cheapest part cause you don't need more than one of those.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Haha, no worries. I have so much info floating around in my head I can never remember where I saw it and it's frustrating. Never hurts to have spare parts for the Trail though. LOL!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Windshield base is 29.95 retail part number is 1541-148
Alex
I ordered the above part number and it arrived without any install instructions or hardware. Does anybody have any pictures of how it mounts.........it looks like it might need a few screws and longer pins that hold the hood down? Thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It does require longer hood pins that come with it when you purchase it with a windshield. The holes along the top edge are used with some windshields but are left empty with the flip up style.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It does require longer hood pins that come with it when you purchase it with a windshield. The holes along the top edge are used with some windshields but are left empty with the flip up style.
Thanks for the reply! One last question....the base has 3 or 4 holes along the bottom (hoodline), do you screw the base to the hoodline or are the longer hood pins and the windshield clamps enough to hold it in place?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sorry I forgot about the 3 machine screws with nyloc nots that are drilled through the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts