Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 2019 Can Am Maverick Sport. Amazingly, got what I paid when it was new.
I keep my machines for a couple years, then get a new one.
Decided to give the Cat a try.
My first impressions, nice but UNREFINED. Textron went 80% then said good enough.
They left the machine rough around the edges. Poor clutching, obnoxiously loud, dirty unfinished interior, the WORST seats I've ever sat on besides wooden bleachers... I could go on for a while.
I'm picky so all these issues must be corrected by Halloween. That's our "opening weekend" here in the desert. We will all meet at the dunes Halloween weekend. Who?
40,000 to 50,000 of us off road freaks. It's the biggest party in the country that no one knows about.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car
Sky Electricity Entertainment Performing arts Crowd

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today my ABS plastic is being delivered. A 4x8 sheet of 3/16ths textured to somewhat match the interior. I am insulating and finishing the cockpit of the Wildcat. When I'm done, it will be almost waterproof except for drain holes.

I'm doing the work beginning next weekend so stay tuned, more to come...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Move the radiator to the rear. Have your suspension tuned. Tune your clutch to your needs. Throw some 32's on the stock wheels. Replace the seats, install harnesses. Helmet pumper system, intercoms, and enjoy filtered air and reduced noise (and safety). Install the steering rack bushing kit, make sure all your battery connections are good and tight. Now send it.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
^^ What he said on the comms, a good set of headsets kill's the drone but not all sounds. Compare it to a good set of shooting muffs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I prefer the safety of helmets, but same theory. No windshield and full face helmets. That way I can breath easy in the dust with a pumper system and if (when?) I ever roll it and bash my head on the roof roll bars, I get a headache, not a coffin.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the suggestions. I ordered 2 4x8 sheets of textured ABS. They came in and are heavier than I thought.
I also have a 4x8 sheet of insulation. It's not foam board. It's like stiff fiberglass.
Wait till you see what I'm insulating. The rear, sides, floors. The floor is going to be a single level from front to back.
Yes, clutching, that's coming. New springs for the shocks ect.
The clutching is "abrupt" Not smooth engagement.
The machine has 9.5 hours so far, I'm giving it a little time for break in as I do the interior.

AC did use good quality plastics. I like the structure. I like the engine. It's roomy.
We'll get there.
I work a lot during the week so this weekend I'll pull it apart.

·
Registered
289 Posts
how are you attaching that foam board

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Halloween pictures look like Dumont, Glamis or Sand Mnt. NV?
Good eye. Dumont.
Dumont seems to be the Halloween place to go. The rangers and LEO's are a bit "tense" at Glamis for holidays. They are more laid back at Dumont.
Fireworks are ignored, People have bands or DJ's at night.
If anyone is interested in coming, let me know. We have a big camp that is family-friendly and fun. Between us we can fix most problems (welding equipment ect)
We go Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years and Presidents Day weekends.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just finished sealing the cab and heatproofing.
The insulation I used isn't foam board. It's fiberglass that comes in 4x8 sheets that are quite firm. You can pick them up and carry them like a sheet of plywood. One side is itchy fiberglass, the other is some firm material.
I think it's called Fiberglass Rigid Board, faced. It's for acoustics and heat. PERFECT!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts