Wildcat Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
when we had our xx i went about 37 miles one way to get 91 octane ethanol free gas...never ran anything other than that in the xx when we were local...always ran great in the machine...believe 87 octane ethanol free would have worked as well but it wasn't available locally...never ran any fuel without stabil in it...
I use Sea Foam to counteract the ethanol effects on the motor. My XX performs well on 87 octane fuel.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok, dune trip.
With the stock tires aired down to 8 lbs, it easily climbs every dune as well as the turbo machines. It sure feels more than 130 hp. When I'm on it, it feels like it's close to a wheelie.
Handles big whoops at 50 mph (that's really good)
Halloween night we were treated to some kind of rocket launch out of California.
A completely wrecked X-3 that someone abandoned.
And half of our camp. The big 5th wheel is where me & the wife rough it.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Wednesday I'm headed to Sand Hollow UT for a week long ride and camp.
Then a week off and back to Dumont Dunes for Thanksgiving. It's our Thanksgiving tradition. Each person brings a dish and we feast some roast beast.

Remember, you guys are always invited. You only have to be a stranger for a short time once, then we're friends after the first ride.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Out there this year too for Rzr Fest...total zoo...washes were silt city.
Had a good time though...no issues...except I developed a bad clunk I think is coming from the front axle shafts banging the hubs on the choppy stuff...best I can tell. Inner boots are sagging and not holding the axles inward. Old age I guess.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ok, spent the week in southwest Utah, camped in Sand Hollow.
My CatXX thoughts.
I like it MORE every time I use it. It belongs up front with the faster machines. We took very long rides with rock crawling and then fast desert sections and sand dunes mixed in.
Our group was about 15 machines from Rmax and Talons to race-ready X-3's. The CAT ended up in 3rd position behind a race prepped X-3.
Had people compliment the CAT often, especially after I passed 5 cars that were bouncing thru whoop sections while the CAT ate the whoops for lunch.

The stock Behemoth tires were very good except steering in sand dunes was poor. They did climb the big dunes no problem, just crappy steering.

Now back to Dumont Dunes Thursday for our 10th annual Turkey in the sand gathering.
If I see anything crazy or entertaining, I will take pictures and post them here for you so check back.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts