Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would really love to buy a used XX I'm just extremely weary about it. I honestly like the looks, the big bed on it, and everything else about the car. It just seems that there is a lot more problems with these cars than there seems to be with the others. I know they all have issues. I'm just worried I'm going to inherit someones lemon. And the whole not being able to get parts, is that as bad as it seems? I would like to hear all feedback. Good and bad. I just really want to love this machine but I'm having second thoughts about it. Help me out XX nation!!

·
Administrator
27,593 Posts
As far as I know, the only real problem are the rear axles. And they have updated the axles. I wouldn't say there's been more problems, and as you stated, they all have issues. With the prices the Bass Tracker XX sells for, you might be able to buy new. Good luck.

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
What is your frame of reference? I had an X Ltd and aside from heat and dust in the cab when you have a roof, windshield and rear window, it is a far better machine (the X interior is much more sealed-up than the XX and those three additions turn the XX cabin into a low pressure zone). The number of people that have never had an axle problem is significant, which to me sells the notion that it was a learning curve for the people building and setting up the cars.

I'd encourage you to take the plunge. We are enjoying the heck out of our '19 XX Ltd.

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought one, a new 2020.. I love it, and have no buyers remorse at all. I wore my brain out trying to talk myself into an X3 or Turbo Velocity, but my friends that drive CanAm and Polaris seem to be fixing major things on them non stop.. and if they're not fixing, they're buying aftermarket parts to beef their machine up so it won't break next time.

Just get the newer 3 boot axle style, and change your oil. You won't regret it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't buy used unless you really trust your dealer. If your dealer is an unknown quantity, ask if someone can vouch for them. This actually applies to a new purchase too.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
2600 miles on one rig, broke one rear axle at 1400 miles,dealer/Cat covered it..other rig 1000 miles on it now, 15 amp fuse blew..all else been great..Im the only one of in a group of about 10 XXs that has had "problems"

·
Registered
51 Posts
These SXS have far less issues than others out on the market. Every brand SXS has problems.... If you like it buy it and you will be happy. I have had a few issues but so have all my friends Polaris its all the same.

·
Registered
70 Posts
BTP nailed it. Do some research you will find that all of the cars have their pros and cons. This is what I did. I went to an event in glamis where polaris and can am perform all repairs all weekned long for free. I went to the repair area to see what was breaking on the can ams, and while they have the strongest transmissions and engines their arms and frames fail at an alarming rate (truthfully I cant believe there has not been a major recall). All of the Polaris problems are well documented as well, weak cages, weak arms, weak transmissions. Choose your poison. The main difference with the xx is tubing size of the roll cage, and the arm designs. Do your research... xx's cant be beat for the money. FYI my only guess as to what may be a better car is Robbies new car coming out in a few months, but it also costs twice as much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BUY IT!!!
Have a 16 X limited, thought it was the greatest thing ever. My 18 XX is twice the machine!!!! 2000 miles and only broke 1 axle. The ride is amazing
you will not be disappointed!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve got 700 plus miles on my 19 xx Ltd it has been a great machine no issues so far and I’m not easy on it at all. Like previous guys have said All machines have problems or need beefier components and structural improvements because of poor frame designs, the great thing is these machines are competing with the big brands in the desert racing community and because of that they are fixing the week points every big issue is addressed with these machines, Sean at Weddle industries has the fixes for the transaxle and front diff, and Robby has the axles dialed and tie rods,those are really the only things that are issues of reliability other than that this is and incredible machine I’ve driven xp turbos and x3s in no way do I feel like I made a bad choice in machines. Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought one, a new 2020.. I love it, and have no buyers remorse at all. I wore my brain out trying to talk myself into an X3 or Turbo Velocity, but my friends that drive CanAm and Polaris seem to be fixing major things on them non stop.. and if they're not fixing, they're buying aftermarket parts to beef their machine up so it won't break next time.

Just get the newer 3 boot axle style, and change your oil. You won't regret it.

Exactly the same thing for me. Down to the Turbo Velocity. I ended up purchasing the 2020 Tracker XTR 1000 and absolutely love it. It is fast and handles amazing. Engine (Highest HP naturally aspirated). Suspension, frame, cage, over all design are all head and shouldlers above the others right now. Get a custom spring setup and that suspension is absolutely incredible. Wouldn't trade mine for anything out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly the same thing for me. Down to the Turbo Velocity. I ended up purchasing the 2020 Tracker XTR 1000 and absolutely love it. It is fast and handles amazing. Engine (Highest HP naturally aspirated). Suspension, frame, cage, over all design are all head and shouldlers above the others right now. Get a custom spring setup and that suspension is absolutely incredible. Wouldn't trade mine for anything out there.
What spring kit are you running I want to send mine to shock therapy for spring and revalve

·
Registered
180 Posts
Everything turns on expectations. Don't do an impulse buy. Make sure you have a plan for if and when it breaks, because they all do sooner or later. Most people don't drive these like golf carts. Don't buy if you think that you are done paying after the purchase.

It was worth it for me (2018 over 2k miles). I had a water pump fail and CV boot issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What spring kit are you running I want to send mine to shock therapy for spring and revalve
I just installed the shock therapy spring kit with front and rear limit straps. I went through about a mile of 2 - 3' tall whoops today at around 70 mph and it was smooth as glass..... Same run on my stock springs used to bottom on at least 5 gout spots. It is soo weird. I'm waiting for a little input from the car and it just rips straight ahead like its smooth asphault. I barely moved personally and the car ran flat as a pancake. I did add a little more preload to the front... about a turn to meet the heigh requirements I wanted front and rear. I'll have to get a video of it. It is insanely fun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the shock therapy spring kit with front and rear limit straps. I went through about a mile of 2 - 3' tall whoops today at around 70 mph and it was smooth as glass..... Same run on my stock springs used to bottom on at least 5 gout spots. It is soo weird. I'm waiting for a little input from the car and it just rips straight ahead like its smooth asphault. I barely moved personally and the car ran flat as a pancake. I did add a little more preload to the front... about a turn to meet the heigh requirements I wanted front and rear. I'll have to get a video of it. It is insanely fun!
Did you just do the springs or re-valve as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
It sounds like he just did the springs. The springs make a huge difference. I tell everyone that the springs should be your 1st update, if possible. Plus sending your shocks in is a pain. Most people won't do the internal update after seeing how well the springs do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve got 700 plus miles on my 19 xx Ltd it has been a great machine no issues so far and I’m not easy on it at all. Like previous guys have said All machines have problems or need beefier components and structural improvements because of poor frame designs, the great thing is these machines are competing with the big brands in the desert racing community and because of that they are fixing the week points every big issue is addressed with these machines, seam at Weddle industries has the fixes for the transaxle and front diff, and Robby has the axles dialed and tie rods,those are really the only things that are issues of reliability other than that this is and incredible machine I’ve driven xp turbos and x3s in no way do I feel like I made a bad choice in machines. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 900 mi on mine. 2 trannies blown. Low gear the first at 680mi, 2nd trans reverse blown. Granted I was in mud with reverse but I was not doing anything remotely abusive for it to blow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts