• No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am in the market for a new SxS and like a lot about the XX as far as the idea in building the buggy, the looks, the setup etc but I am seeing A LOT of bad reviews that concern me greatly when dishing out $20Grand.

Some questions if you guys don't mind:
Have they shaken the bugs out with the 2019/20 models, namely Axles seem to be problematic
Has Parts availability improved, this seems to put the buggy on the shelf for quite a while when they break
Do you think this buggy is in Textron's long term plans I have seen there is acrimony somewhere along the line with Arctic cat or Robby Gordon or something.
What is your take on Bass Pro entering the market with their rebranded version. I hear they don't do service but they are undercutting independent dealers which sounds like a nightmare for service.

I know those are all kindof a bummer considering you guys are likely owners. I am coming from a Kawasaki Teryx which has been extremely reliable and I'm interested in joining the Wildcat Family but not if it's gonna be a bad experience and I figure you guys would give me the straight scoop. If you were wondering why I don't just by the KRX...I might, I am looking at the KRX, CanAM X3, Polaris GeneralXP1000 and the Wildcat but I am interested in the narrower width Buggy's with long wheel travel and the KRX is 68 where the rest are 64.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2020 XX with just over a 1000 miles on it trail riding in the AZ desert. I’m an OG so jumping and pushing it really hard isn’t what I do. With that, I’ve had zero issues with mine so far.
I did change the oil filter at about 100 miles as a precaution and there was no evidence of any assembly lube in the filter. I have done the best I can to seal the cockpit for dust that enters from underneath.
In a group ride setting, I am the only XX amongst all other brands and configurations and the one that people ask if they can ride along because they’ve heard the suspension is so good. ( Which it is....)
Out on our own, I have complete confidence in my machine that I will get where I’m going and bring me back home again.
I see Textron partnering with Bass Pro as a good thing for the brand. Parts and service availability seems to vary depending on where you are. So do some checking around and have a workable plan. If you like what you see, then go buy one. The price and value is very reasonable when you consider what you don’t have to add-on, swap out, or should modify from Day 1 like you would with other brands. Fill it with gas and go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2020 XX with just over a 1000 miles on it trail riding in the AZ desert. I’m an OG so jumping and pushing it really hard isn’t what I do. With that, I’ve had zero issues with mine so far.
I did change the oil filter at about 100 miles as a precaution and there was no evidence of any assembly lube in the filter. I have done the best I can to seal the cockpit for dust that enters from underneath.
In a group ride setting, I am the only XX amongst all other brands and configurations and the one that people ask if they can ride along because they’ve heard the suspension is so good. ( Which it is....)
Out on our own, I have complete confidence in my machine that I will get where I’m going and bring me back home again.
I see Textron partnering with Bass Pro as a good thing for the brand. Parts and service availability seems to vary depending on where you are. So do some checking around and have a workable plan. If you like what you see, then go buy one. The price and value is very reasonable when you consider what you don’t have to add-on, swap out, or should modify from Day 1 like you would with other brands. Fill it with gas and go!
Great Feedback, thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
yup, would buy our 2018 again...only thing changed out was the front sway bar...love the hover-craft ride compared to our 3 atv's and 2 trails...cab much more comfy too for "big boned" folks...had to wait longer for some mfg's to come out with accessories but we're good to go now...have had no issues with the rear axles popping out...probably made on a tuesday, wednesday or thursday...haaaaa...

Reactions: izom and Jester

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, would buy our 2018 again...only thing changed out was the front sway bar...love the hover-craft ride compared to our 3 atv's and 2 trails...cab much more comfy too for "big boned" folks...had to wait longer for some mfg's to come out with accessories but we're good to go now...have had no issues with the rear axles popping out...probably made on a tuesday, wednesday or thursday...haaaaa...
Thank you, what part of the country are you located, things with your dealership are reasonable. You look to have done a ton of updates so I can assume the aftermarket is pretty good.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
living in our florida home the past 10 mos...we were expecting to be in our colorado home in may but the pandemic and health issues stifled those plans...our xx is on a trickle charger in the garage in colorado...our textron/arctic cat dealer lost his dealership in buena vista, co but we still have him do all the servicing on our xx...i wouldn't trust anyone else...he can still get a/c parts from a/c dealers he knows...it took awhile for me to get everything i wanted on our rig compared to the other sxs' mfg's out there...but 3 model years in i'm quite happy with the way our xx sits now...

Reactions: Jester

·
Registered
6 Posts
I marked no. But I would easily buy another one if they fixed the short comings (tranny, rack, axles,water pump, cab heat) or actually had a decent warranty, To cover the hit and miss quality.

But another part of it is almost all dealers in my area refuse to work on the xx. So unless tracker has decent warranty or dealer support.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
700 miles on the new '19 we bought in April. No issues. Would definitely buy another. Gave the X3 considerable thought, but areas of their ROPS looks like something I might have built with my Erector Set when I was a child.

We have a Cabela's near Spokane, WA, but they are not carrying the Tracker Off Road stuff. The local boat shop that has always carried the Tracker boats picked up the offroad products. Part of signing on was on-site training for all of the service technicians. I'm sure the Bass Pro locations got the same training. That doesn't instantly inoculate them with years of sxs experience, but it did allay any fears I had about buying an XTR1000. The one thing they won't do is take in a trade, and one of the 5 Arctic Cat dealers within 50 miles of my home got our business based on the ease of trading in our '15 X Ltd.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We run 2 XXs both first delivery 18's. You have nothing to worry about! I would sell mine with 5k to my brother or best friend. Yes I had some axle issues early on. But they were quickly addressed by Textron and my dealer. (A good dealer is essential!!) Change the oil at 3 hrs, 10 hrs and then every 20 hrs and you will be good. Clean the air filter or replace it regularly. We knock off the heavy dust twice and then replace on one and clean the filter on the other after every ride ( Testing and comparing the results) Grease the wheel bearings because they are pretty much dry from the factory. Blow out the clutches and you will be amazed at the belt life (I have over 5k on mine and been to Dumont, Glamis, Moab, and so many places in the Midwest I'd bore you. These things are made much stouter than any other currently on the market. Frame will last Popo and CanedHam last 3kmax before lots of repair is needed. Most of their owners never actually tear down and check like we do. Haven't had an issue with broken welds etc. yet. Our x3 with 2k is in need of a complete new frame! Almost every weld is broken and the front end is totally worn out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts