Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, a friend of mine was telling me he had bought an LS1 from a shop and it was basically stock. But he was pretty disappointed in how it ran. Flat out, it just wasn't that great, and a lot of turbo Honda cars were not just beating him, but smoking him.

So I popped his intake tube off, and told him to step on the throttle, and sure enough, with the pedal floored, he was only getting about 2/3 throttle! We moved the cable to a different hole on the pedal, adjusted the stop a bit, and adjusted the cable length slightly and we got WOT. Put the intake tube back on and went for a spin and he said it felt like a whole new car! He had never checked for WOT when he installed it!

Wouldn't it be funny if the Wildcat throttle cable was being installed wrong by a guy on the assy line, and it turned out no one was getting over 2/3 throttle...

all you'd have to do is adjust it, and wham! Plenty of power! :pat:

I gotta stop drinking and posting! LOL

·
Registered
161 Posts
I heard a lot of people were having that problem with their RZR4. I know a friend of mine who adjusted the throttle cable and he said it made a lot of difference. Who knows!?

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Had sort of that issue with my first RZR, issue was the gas pedal assembly was so cheesy it was getting bent and not giving a full throw. Felt much faster after we put a decent pedal in it :cool:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I would totally believe that IF the cats weren't turning full rpms. But they are. Woulda been a nice easy cure though.....

·
Vendor
508 Posts
I'll give it a look for sure, I love free horsepower :cool: Seems like our Wildcat was pinging off the rev limiter pretty quick though in 4w low, so I'm not holdin my breath.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
On the demo it was pretty clear that the problem was the clutch. It seams that the dealer display models that are out now are the same. I hope the next wave of production models are different

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dont hold your breath. That isnt gonna happen. Manufacturers rarely ever make midyear changes. Especially one that big.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have heard that more then once though from arctic cat reps that the delay I being caused by changes in clutching and intake?
That would be amazing, but judging by how they missed the boat the first time, I doubt any changes will happen. It is odd that there seems to be about a month difference between the first and second run of units. If they would have just kept running production, then some customer early ride program units should have gone out by now. We can always dream and hope.................

·
Registered
508 Posts
They gonna do anything for the first 250 that dont have upgrades or say eat cake?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
If they did make changes, I am sure that people who actually got the dealer demos would be screwed. They were really meant just to demonstrate the product anyways. But who would ever buy one if they did make improvements to the actual customer units? Nobody...........

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's true I'm thinking were just going to have to do the WCD. Any info on what kind of extra wear that puts on the motor? I've been looking for info but nothing really discusses the cons of doing a WCD. Dentless which dealer are you using?

·
Vendor
508 Posts
They gonna do anything for the first 250 that dont have upgrades or say eat cake?
I come from a couple decades experience racing dirtbikes and quads, so I was pretty shocked when Polaris made mid year production line changes to their first RZR 800 and yes since we bought the first 800 we could get our hands on we lost out on the those upgrades. Never saw that happen on dirtbikes or quads, any changes were generally done on "next years model"...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's true I'm thinking were just going to have to do the WCD. Any info on what kind of extra wear that puts on the motor? I've been looking for info but nothing really discusses the cons of doing a WCD. Dentless which dealer are you using?
I am going with EEAC up in Thatcher. Chris hooked me up and was very good to deal with when I bought my Prowler XTZ......

·
Registered
508 Posts
Polaris does some wierd stuff. Like mid 2012 model year they bring out new LE colors and power steering and tire changes.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
while its okay to dream, i truly doubt they will change anything from the first 250, the more people they can get to void there warranty, trying to compete with the xp, the more money they can save on warranty repairs. plus the liability factor of a oem 100mph stock machine aint gonna happen.
i expect we will see some wcd, exhaust, ecm, intake mods hitting 95mhp in a few months. but it wont be coming from the factory with wcd or o.s. bar or harness bar.:alcoholic: but, then again, its okay to dream.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts