Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give me your honest opinion on the XX and XTR versus RZR and yxz and other comparable priced non turbo models I personally have owned both and in my opinion xx and xtr are just better machines.

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Even though I'm an ex-racer (not off road), aesthetics were part of my, well, our, selection process. The YXZ looks like an enraged insect and the suspension is not as well developed as many of the other machines. The KRX is just butt-ugly, and huge. The seating position in most of the RZRs is too high. The X3 roll structure appears to be assembled with hardware store 1/4" fasteners, plus frankly too many people I know have them. I really wanted to like the Talon - the torque vectoring by dragging a brake is, I think, novel in off roading, but really well established in autos. I didn't want to be an early adopter, just in case all of those electronics didn't hold up to off roading. Also, like the RZRs, the seating position is just way too high.

That brought us back to the XX. It didn't have any of the various things that turned us off on the competitors. The only thing it lacks is BACKING from Textron / AC. It is one of the better full size machines, but it is sort of a secret.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just bought a 21 rzr xp turbo and from the first time I sat in it and drove it it rattles and squeaks makes all kind of noise on the other hand my xx is solid AF seems like the xx is built way better just my opinion

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Xx=SOLID. xx=no support except for this forum

·
Premium Member
8,032 Posts
i wouldn't keep pumping $$$ for add-ons in to it if i didn't love it...handles the mountains and moab...can't ask for more...the suspension (comfort), cab size (comfort) and power were a big step up from our 2 trails which we liked at the time until moving up to the XX...

Reactions: GTODAN and mtgott

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was in the same boat, being a 6'4 330lb guy I was very limited to machines that I fit in. In the past I rode in Maverick x4's, Rzr XP's, XPT, PRO XP, YXZ, and a can am X3. For me the can am was the only other machine that I really fit in, but I wasnt a fan of how far your legs were stretched out in front of you. After sitting in a wildcat xx and eventually getting to ride on on the trails I fell in love. Besides the front sway bar I never heard any clunking, and the engine really reminded me of how a sled sounded, they don't sound like a tractor. After getting some more seat time in the XPT I was in love with the power that they offered but found I hated how high you sat up. It was nice because you could see over the front of the machine better but it felt less stable to me, plus after only 300 trail miles in northern WI the xpt was already starting to clunk and make odd noises. I did buy a used xx which I am really not a fan off, but at the same time the differences were so minor that I couldnt pass up the deal, $14,000 for a 1,000 mile machine that was already setup exactly how I was going to setup a new one (full rear windshield, top rack, 4 point harnesses, rockford radio with a xl1200 sound bar, clutch kit, and a spare tire, easily 2k in upgrades). Now, if they were to drop a factory turbo with a warranty I would be all over that, my only regret was hoping on this 18 when I should have waited and found a deal on a 19 so I could turbo it and get it to 180hp safely. Since purchasing the 18 I have put on 700 miles, I did have to put a new front axle on as the axle had a torn boot when I got it, the speedwerx steering rack bushing, and I will be installing the speedwerx water pump bleeder hose, the updated cat front sway bar this weekend, and I would like to reset the ride height. I ride with a XPT and its evident in the straights hes significantly faster than me but on the trails he has a hard time keeping up.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I’m still trying to figure this non support I keep hearing. I’ve been able to buy pretty much anything aftermarket that I was able to buy for my previous rigs. Plenty of dealer support, longest wait I’ve had for anything was one week. That’s ordering,2 primary clutches, wheel bearings, axle boots, axles, etc….two18s and one 21,only broke one rear axle altogether.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Tons of info on here. Find a dealer that has both and compare them..there is no comparison in the entry level sport model lineups IMO. Why I bought one after selling my old Gen 2 Rzr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts