Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 xx with 5500 miles. The machine always starts normally with good idle in the mornings, however, after turning it off after riding for 10 mins or so and trying to restart after a few minutes, the machine will not start. I eventually get the machine to start after 4 to 10 attempts but it has a very poor idle and will stall out if the gas pedal is touched (i do get the occasional back fire when trying to start). Once I put the machine In gear and get moving, it will run absolutely fine with no issues and will idle normally. That being said, I can smell gasoline at times. If I turn the machine off for a couple hours and let cool down, it still won't start. It seems the machine needs to sit overnight before it will fire up like normal again. Fuel pressure is fine and nothing wrong with Injectors. I've read that some gapped down the spark plugs to .02-.025 but I have a hard time believing that this would fix my problem (though I am certainly willing to try). Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

·
Administrator
28,096 Posts
Welcome Jbusser. Although I don't know much about the XX, an engine is an engine. Always check the easiest stuff first. First, how do you know the injectors are fine? Especially smelling gas? Have you checked all the vent lines? Is one kinked? Hard 5500 miles? Might need a valve adjustment? Possible fuel pump issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Jbusser. Although I don't know much about the XX, an engine is an engine. Always check the easiest stuff first. First, how do you know the injectors are fine? Especially smelling gas? Have you checked all the vent lines? Is one kinked? Hard 5500 miles? Might need a valve adjustment? Possible fuel pump issue?
Hi there, thank you for the comment. We pulled the fuel rail off with Injectors and used some compressed air to test for leaks. We then plugged the fuel line back into the rail and plugged in the Injectors and observed the Injectors when we attempted to crank over the engine. Again, we didn't see any leaks and the Injectors appeared to be spraying gasoline appropriately. The 5500 miles were not particularly hard miles. I will be checking vent lines this weekend and I will ask my mechanically inclined neighbor about adjusting valves. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts