Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a discrepancy between the XX operator's manual and the XX Service Manual & XX Service Training Guide. The operator's manual says the oil capacity of the XX is 2.70 quarts. The service manual and training guide specify using 3.75 quarts of oil for an oil change. I recently did my first oil change and could see oil in the hash marks but I'm second guessing myself if I really checked to see if oil was above the hash marks indicating too much oil. I didn't notice any issues after my initial start and have not run it hard since the oil change. Has anyone added 2.7 quarts and had to add more because nothing was showing on their dipstick?
This is a fairly significant difference between the manuals. :yikes:

See the sticky's in the Wildcat XX forum section if you don't have the service manual or service training guides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just did my first oil change and 2.70 quarts did not register on the dip stick, with almost 3 quarts it is now showing full on the dip stick. There seems to be a lot of different readings to what is full and what is not. I'm going by what my dip stick shows not the manuals and yes I checked it exatly how the manul say's to do it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just did my first oil change and 2.70 quarts did not register on the dip stick, with almost 3 quarts it is now showing full on the dip stick. There seems to be a lot of different readings to what is full and what is not. I'm going by what my dip stick shows not the manuals and yes I checked it exatly how the manul say's to do it.
That how mine was.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You guys toss a rock in your oil tank?
That was warming up, draining both the engine and dry sump tank, pulling filter, new filter, and filling everything.. then running it, hitting the stop watch for 60 seconds when i shut the motor off. then putting dipstick in till the threads hit (not screwing it in). 3 qts gave me a full reading.. thats on a 2019.

Maybe people are waiting longer than 1 minute, and the oil is draining back down into the motor?

·
Registered
847 Posts
3.75 on mine is just over the full line. 2 changes so far.

This is why the Textron oil change kit comes with a gallon of oil.

Not sure why you guys are seeing less.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had called MLS after I posted this question and they indicated their service technicians, in addition to a customer in the store with an XX, were adding over 3 quarts with oil changes. If you drain the dry sump tank, engine, remove the filter, 2.7 quarts will not be enough oil for my 2019 machine. I added about 3.6 - 3.7 quarts on my oil change and it was top of the full mark or possibly a fraction over.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure why there is such a difference when in reality there should not be any difference except may be the size of the oil filter. I'm going to ride mine around here nice and easy and check it again before heading to WV for a big weekend of riding. As the old saying goes ( Better safe than sorry ).

·
Registered
77 Posts
The service manuel calls for replacing the crush washers on the engine and tank drain plugs. I would think they would come with the oil change kit, my kit did not include them nor can I see that they come in the kit when checking them out on line.
Are you guys changing these washers when changing oil? If yes, do you have a part #? I’ve found what’s being called a gasket for the oil tank drain plug on the parts diagram.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just completed the first oil AND filter change(did the filter after first ride). I added approximately 3.6-3.7 quarts of oil, ran it till it got up to temp and checked the oil as per guidelines. My dipstick shows oil about an inch higher than the hash marks. Now what?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just completed the first oil AND filter change(did the filter after first ride). I added approximately 3.6-3.7 quarts of oil, ran it till it got up to temp and checked the oil as per guidelines. My dipstick shows oil about an inch higher than the hash marks. Now what?
You can either drain a little bit out of the oil tank, or leave it, and you will jsut smoke a bit the first ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts