Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now looking at a new set of seats for my ‘20 XX and want to ask for your recommendations, mounting kits, seat angle, seat height, etc.
Santa is coming soon and I think there’s room in his sleigh.....

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
DGruper

·
Administrator
27,490 Posts
Look at the Simpson Pro Sport seats for any SXS. IMO, best seat out there.

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts
i would have recommended prp "rs" seats from our experience with our trails but not for our xx...seems they changed the padding on the seat and you can now feel the metal frame along buttocks and thigh areas...looking for a seat cushion to remedy the discomfort...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have the Simpson vortex in both of my XXs. I liked the twisted stitch, now Simpson seats in my other rigs and continue liking the new simpsons.

·
Administrator
27,490 Posts
I like the Vortex line from Simpson. They also sell the brackets.
I have the Simpson vortex in both of my XXs. I liked the twisted stitch, now Simpson seats in my other rigs and continue liking the new simpsons.
I have the Vortexs in my blue car, but the Pro Sports in the gold. IMO, Pro Sports are a lot better, but Simpson makes a great seat, no matter what!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Simpson! I’ve raced in many seats and in a UTV the new Simpson seat is probable the best.

In my RZR I have custom Pro Armor seats, as I got them right when Pro Armor started building & selling seats. Before Polaris bought Pro Armor, the owners hired the lead designer from Twisted Stitch to build the Pro Armor seats. He’s who built my seats. Sad part is since Polaris bought them the seats are not the same. I would not buy another set.

Now back to Simpson. My neighbor is the head sales rep for Simpsons seat division. If you’ve gone to a show where Simpson is there on display then you’ve met Jason. Because of this I’ve got to sit in several brands of UTV’s with Simpson seats, and they have all felt great. My biggest issue is I like my lap belts to go through the seats. It’s hard to find a UTV seat that still does that. Trust me every time I sit in a Simpson, I let them know my feelings. With that said my next set of seats will be Simpson. My experience with the Simpson seat in the XX is sitting in Sheldon Creed’s XX as he to is a neighbor, when he’s not in NC doing that roundy round stuff! The Simpson was a Huge improvement over the stock seat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It took a little bit of driving around town today, but I was able to sit in a variety of seats today and the winner is....PRP GT3....
The Simpson seats weren’t bad but the bracketing was suspect to me, and after reviewing the previous threads, it was a deciding factor.
Thanks to all that replied. Now I just need to make sure Santa has room for them.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Follow up: I have installed the PRP seats. On the passenger side, you will lose about 1-1/2” of leg room as the brackets they provide don’t allow the seat to be set as far back on the stock seat frame. This summer, when it’s too hot to ride, I’ll pull the assembly out and see what it takes to move it back as far as possible. On the driver side, I also lost the very last notch of adjustment, so about a 1/2”, but it’s liveable.
Overall, I’m very happy with the upgrade. It is now possible to ride the full day without wishIng I could get out for a break. I don’t feel sore or beat up the day after either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts