Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon I sell my 13.5 X I’m pulling the trigger on one or the other. I know they are the same just different name, color and graphics. I’m leaning toward the Tracker even though I’m not crazy bout the red accents, but I’m more partial to the black base color. Even though it really doesn’t matter to me, because I buy what I like, I’m curious what the forum thinks will hold its resale value better. At this point I’ve spoke to the salesman at Bass Pro and received their OTD # and so far it’s the best I’ve found, pretty simple, it’s the advertised price + T&L no BS set up charge, dealer add charge, let’s see how much we can bend you over charge etc.etc. I had a dealer her in So.Cal advertising a 19 XX for $16,888 and their OTD price was $1,200 more than the 20 XTR, what a con job! Another AC dealer in the area has told me they’re getting 20 XX’s in next week on a special buy that their pricing to move....we’ll see what that means?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
...the name tracker still sounds so strange to me....

cant help you with your decision- but must say that blck red looks awesome...:

good luck anyways.;-)

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
The tracker looks nice in that pic. I still like the 18 black and green the best.
errrrr...charcoal and green!...haaaaaa...and i agree with you...but then again i'm rather biased...

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts
It's the same car. Get your best price on both, and choose the cheaper one.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Here is the one thing that I would consider most important the Oregon dealer that I bought my 18 XX from was contacted by the bass pro shop boat and utv sales in Washington and ask him if he would do their warranty and service work for them. He told them a resounding no. My point being make sure that who you are buying from has the ability to do warranty repairs and after warranty repairs and parts sales. Service after the fact is of huge value

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wouldnt let the brand be a deciding factor. Looks, price, etc would be what id worry about. Resale will be a wash between the brands imo.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
price and convenient/competent dealer service...without the latter my money won't be spent just for the lowest price...

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Tracker version was suppose to come with a better warranty, and from what Bass Pro Shop claims is that any Bass Pro with a service center can fulfill the warranty. I’d ask about the warranty terms, extended warranty options and which Bass Pro around you can service it.

But find out because my understanding is the Tracker XX is considered a private label and Arctic Cat has nothing to do with fulfilling warranty’s, only manufactures recalls.

·
Registered
401 Posts
we've owned arctic cats since 2003 and never brought them in for dealer work because i have no faith in the dealers by us.

luckily we haven't had any major issues either, but AC makes machines that are much more easy to work on than other makes.

so for me price would be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I found a buyer and the 13.5 X has a new lover, uh I mean owner. So now it’s time to move forward with the new purchase. I could blow this thread up and ask if I’m making the right descision going XX or XTR vs one of those other brands but that’s played out and I believe the XX or XTR are superior machines, so not going there.
However the prices I’m getting from the Arctic Cat dealers are not even close, not even close on 19 models. I don’t get it, I use to be in the RV business and sometimes we would make home runs and sometimes hardly anything. These dealers are DUMB in my opinion!
It’s not like these things are back ordered and there’s a line around the block to get one.

As as far as the service issues noted above, the BP shop has a service department available to service these machines and I just don’t see that being an issue.

So it’s looking like the XTR at this point. I might try and visit one of these Indy dealers in person to put a deal together, but unless I can save $500 or more I’ll go XTR. I know they have the margin cause I saw 18’s at a dealer in PA for $15,999 plus no dealers BS fees. I would buy one of those but with shipping cost it’s not enough savings to go with an 18.

Anyone know a dealer here in So Cal who would make a wise descision to sell one at a competitive price?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Try Mid Cities in Paramount. I picked up a 2018 from them on Monday. They are easy to work with and will cut you a good deal. Ask for Chad. I checked out all brands like you did and kept coming back to the xx.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The descision has been made. I took delivery of a new 2018 XX yesterday. Went with the charcoal color, with a custom powder coated original roll bar in Wildcat green with a d&p matching green roof. Got a great deal from d&p that made the trip to Utah for delivery worth it.
Put a couple hours on it out at Sand Hollow and I’m impressed, a huge improvement over my 13.5X. Now onto installing harnesses and a winch. But first I’ll be changing the oil filter before the next outing.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
^^^^^where's the pics?!^^^^^

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts