Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Why by UTV tires when you can buy light truck tires cheaper??
I have the factory 30's and want to go to 32's
Light truck would be better going down the road.
ANY THOUGHTS???

We love our XX
2500 miles and no problems

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
No problem at all.....guys in my group run and BFG truck tires and love them since we do alot of road cruising. I am going this route with 33's as sooner as spring hits.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I have an acquaintance that put some cheap Chinese light truck tires on his Talon. Then he went to Moab for some rock crawling. I was expecting a new set of off-road tires to show up after that, but he said the LT tires worked great, even on the rocks. He runs them at absurdly low pressures - like 2 to 3 psi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an acquaintance that put some cheap Chinese light truck tires on his Talon. Then he went to Moab for some rock crawling. I was expecting a new set of off-road tires to show up after that, but he said the LT tires worked great, even on the rocks. He runs them at absurdly low pressures - like 2 to 3 psi.
I’m thinking about 33X12.50R15 (32.5” is height)
Looks like about 10 lbs per tire more
Low range has a ton of power but will I be lacking going up 2.5”??
I mostly trail ride in black hills or CO
Heading to Arkansas in April and Hatfield McCoy in September

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
To do it correct and gain your acceleration back and help from possibly having belt issues you would need to re-clutch....40lbs of rotating mass at the tire is alot, but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To do it correct and gain your acceleration back and help from possibly having belt issues you would need to re-clutch....40lbs of rotating mass at the tire is alot, but thats just my 2 cents.
Is that what you’re going to do??
I have never messed with clutching

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Is that what you’re going to do??
I have never messed with clutching
Already have clutch kit, so yes I will just be adjusting weight to get rpm where I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already have clutch kit, so yes I will just be adjusting weight to get rpm where I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the best clutch kit to go with??
I don’t want any trouble out on the trails

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Alba's kit gets mentioned a lot. It is also one of the more pricey ones.

I have heard that the Speed kit has drilled arms so weights can be attached. A crack can start from the holes. If the crack extends all the way to the edge, the results are spectacular.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I too have used pretty much all speedwerx. Done great for my sleds and now the buggy’s. Tried Speeds set up, never again. Magnets started to fall apart and never could get it dialed in. Their re flash sucked also. Cost me a new box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm riding on 235/75/15 (29"). I don't need the extra height. Harsher ride than UTV specific tires, but wear is fantastic. I run 12/15 psi front/rear.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm riding on 235/75/15 (29"). I don't need the extra height. Harsher ride than UTV specific tires, but wear is fantastic. I run 12/15 psi front/rear.
What brand are your truck tires? I have a buddy that’s been d that for years and has used the warranty a few times.
I am interested in giving the a shot. I have the BF K3 love em but I am looking for what you do. Last time I rode with my buddy he had no trouble going anywhere And with a warranty to boot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What brand are your truck tires? I have a buddy that’s been d that for years and has used the warranty a few times.
I am interested in giving the a shot. I have the BF K3 love em but I am looking for what you do. Last time I rode with my buddy he had no trouble going anywhere And with a warranty to boot.
Chinese knock offs....

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's really going to help him find tires.
I have tires which are the best tires I have ever run, the BF Goodrich K3 . I don’t race and would like to try a light truck tire and make a comparison.
And you’re right hard to buy tires when your told Chinese knock offs, I’ll figure it out eventually. Thanks man

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
just bought these after the oem tire issue (flat) we had in the black hills...tusk terrabite radial 32x10R15 tires...will be adding the speedwerx hypershift clutch kit #CKTWCXX as well...

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

·
Registered
916 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts