Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
I think thats what I will get when mine wear out. Probably go with 30's though...no need for 32s for me...like the weight and clutching as is. Price is great also.
our clutching sucks so gonna go with speedwerx kit …the 32’s are only 31’s so added clearance is not a whole lot of difference …current clutching is herky/jerky going forward or reverse…very annoying…

Reactions: Ragdoll XX

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Dean, I put Crawlr's setup on our XX. It is spelled out toward the end of the "What's Your Clutch Setup" thread in the XX sub-forum.

Engagement is butter-smooth. I lost some top-end, but I don't think that is an issue with you.

·
Registered
916 Posts
our clutching sucks so gonna go with speedwerx kit …the 32’s are only 31’s so added clearance is not a whole lot of difference …current clutching is herky/jerky going forward or reverse…very annoying…
They look pretty big. Did you weigh the difference?

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
They look pretty big. Did you weigh the difference?
the tusk terrabites are 5.7 lbs heavier than the cst behemoths...i've not been on any rides yet with them to tell what the added weight feels like if that's possible...with our kind of riding i'm not expecting issues especially when the speedwerx clutch kit arrives and the fact that it is made for the xx in that configuration (stock set-up, 32" tires at 6,000 ft plus elevation)...we'll see and will post on here...

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Dean, I put Crawlr's setup on our XX. It is spelled out toward the end of the "What's Your Clutch Setup" thread in the XX sub-forum. Engagement is butter-smooth. I lost some top-end, but I don't think that is an issue with you.
i read over it mark but it is way past my ability to comprehend all of it to the completion stage...i've never been disappointed in speedwerx's different solutions for the xx and our dealer has the ability to do the install...

Reactions: Ragdoll XX

·
Registered
916 Posts
the tusk terrabites are 5.7 lbs heavier than the cst behemoths...i've not been on any rides yet with them to tell what the added weight feels like if that's possible...with our kind of riding i'm not expecting issues especially when the speedwerx clutch kit arrives and the fact that it is made for the xx in that configuration (stock set-up, 32" tires at 6,000 ft plus elevation)...we'll see and will post on here...
You need some Shock Therapy springs...The ride is still really smooth, added clearance and better bottom out protection.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I wasn't impressed when I first installed the ST springs. Most of the riding in our home area is forest service roads and my evaluation was "meh". Then we went to the desert southwest for our winter trip, and my attitude changed 180 degrees. The XX on ST springs dives for apexes, yet is very controllable. The added spring rate allows the shocks to be set back to full soft, so you get all of that control and a fairly supple ride. It took getting out where I could drive harder to reveal just how good the ST setup is.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I wasn't impressed when I first installed the ST springs. Most of the riding in our home area is forest service roads and my evaluation was "meh". Then we went to the desert southwest for our winter trip, and my attitude changed 180 degrees. The XX on ST springs dives for apexes, yet is very controllable. The added spring rate allows the shocks to be set back to full soft, so you get all of that control and a fairly supple ride. It took getting out where I could drive harder to reveal just how good the ST setup is.
Driving around with Miss Daisy definitely did not expose the ability of these springs...except when I dropped off a ledge into a big wash and it was like landing on a cloud.
Only complaint I have is when running on 2 in the rear, if I hit BIG roller whoops at a slower speed the rear drops out too fast and you get a clunk from the shock fully extending...not so bad on 3. Not enough shock rebound but you definitely dont get any "packing" of the shock. .

·
Registered
916 Posts
I did try ShockTherapy stuff and not impressed in the least bit.
To each his own. I only did springs. For $700 it was well worth it IMO. My brother did the Gold package and its too harsh for me. I do NOT run a front sway bar either...no need...less front end chop and way better articulation. I notice it on the street though...need to turn slowly on tarmac.
All depends on where you ride too...I ride dez southwest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is the weight of the Behemoth tire without wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone have issues with 33" tires and their suspensions? Anything breaking because of the bigger tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts