Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my wheel bearings. For the internal snap ring holding the bearing in place, typical snap ring pliers don't open wide enough. Is there a trick to this? Is there a "large" set of snap ring pliers available? Everything I'm seeing online looks to be the same size but obviously it's hard to tell unless it's in your hands.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, they have a large set that “might” work.
If you can get one side lifted out enough to get a small screwdriver blade behind it and then work it out, sometimes that works too....
Otherwise, drop by my shop and I’ll get it out for you....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found & bought these online. They open plenty wide enough & seem to be well made. While using these, I also had to use a large screwdriver (smaller one snapped) to help pry the clip out of the groove. Then grab it with a pair of pliers & pull it the rest of the way out. Also, Arctic Cat/Textron was kind enough to cast an opening into the bearing housing so you know what size square tubing (2.5") to use when pressing the bearings out. If you use a square plate, make sure you round the corners off so you don't scrape the walls as you press the bearing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts