Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I got a chance to take our turn in the beast today. Let me start out by saying that I have experience with the entire RZR lineup (except the 4) and before today, the wife had never so much as looked at a SXS up close. Both of us walked away thoroughly impressed.

I agree with virtually every previous demo review: Suspension was awesome, but it won't touch an XP out of the hole.

We spoke with a factory rep (Bob) for quite awhile and he freely admitted that the Xp has, and will have more power. He said to expect some clutching changes in the final product but nothing radical. We can also expect to see some minor Fit & Finish tweaks, better seat stitching, an additional passenger hand-hold, different tires, a slight shock re-valve, beef'd up trailing arm welds, and perhaps adjustable seats.

I feel we made the right choice by purchasing a Wildcat, and here's why: The machines we looked at today have been put through the ringer by every weekend warrior, magazine editor, and Wanne-be Trophy Truck driver in the country for the past several months, and they were still in amazingly good shape. This being the last of many demo rides, I fully expected to see a broken down fleet of Cats held together with duct tape and double bubble but that wasn't the case. We did see one unit with a broken trailing arm weld and another with a broken rim, but overall the machines looked and rode great. They knew the trailing arms had a weak point and the factory has made changes, but no one was able to break one until yesterday. Not brand bashing, but IMHO there is NO WAY a stock RZR would stand up to that type of torture without major mechanical failure.

Anyhow this is just my opinion, take it for what's it worth. COME ON FEBRUARY!!!

Take Care,
Dan

100_8162.jpg 100_8165.jpg 100_8166.jpg 100_8171.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks for the review schultz77. As far as the trailing arm mount's, both upper and lower, I thought AC made the mount's more complicated then they needed to be. A simple "uniball" with high-mis spacers would have been simple and strong. IMHO

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks for all the good and bad points. You added some need input and I want to thank you Schultz.

·
Registered
186 Posts
international is yyyy-mm-dd
this works well when you are trying to file things in a microsoft windows computer by date... LOL

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yep I still do my dates like that. But I also spent 28 years in the military and it is hard to relearn the way non-military folks do things.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Well see, I should have gone ahead and gone into the Air Force. But nooooo I didn't. Them and the Marines kept chasing me for years after I made a 98 on the ASVAB, they said that and my degree straight in as an officer.

Oh well.

:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts