Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge off-roader and have done everything from motorcross, ATV's, and even Jeeps. My latest was a 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited that I had swapped out 1 ton axles and 37" tires.

Once I decided to sell the Jeep I told the wife I wanted a side by side to fill the void as they look to be an absolute blast out in Moab Utah. I am a rock crawler and trail rider...I avoid mud and don't get into the jumping thing anymore (motorcross breaks to many bones).

Soo...I started drooling over the Commander but hated the front diff and thought it didn't have enough travel (the crappy visco lock would keep me from buying this).

I went and looked at a Polaris RZR and all that was at the dealership was the 50" wide version and i hated it when I sat in it (could see splatter welds, poor quality control, and cheap look/feel)...although all the rock crawler guys swear by their RZR S...Then came the Polaris RZR XP, this machine looks awesome on the computer (never got to see one up close yet) although I suspect the build quality is the same (polaris has always sucked in the quality control area)...

So, I kept looking and then a few months later got word of this machine...the arctic cat rzr killer...

Now, I have NEVER owned an arctic cat and honestly none of my friends growing up ever did either (I am 32 years old now). So I have no real "feel" for the build quality of arctic cat products or their quality control. However, I can tell you that this machine appears to have EVERYTHING a rock crawler could ask for

1.) Tons of suspension travel with adjustable shocks (make them really soft and get great articulation)
2.) No body panels covering the wheels allowing large tires without any lift (keep CG low!)
3.) Electric locker (I can CONTROL when I am locked!)

Anyway, I don't have any local dealers here where I live now (winchester, TN) but I am willing to drive and pick up a machine if they are awesome as they look.

Anyone have a price point on these yet? I had over $40K in my last jeep and don't want another money pit...I want to buy it and put skids on it and some large grippy tires with a winch and call it done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow...this site is not as active as I thought it would be for such an amazing looking machine!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow...this site is not as active as I thought it would be for such an amazing looking machine!
Hmmm......New site, new machine......oh welcome to the site. I'm sure that you will love it once everything comes clean with this ride.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome To The Site

1 - 5 of 5 Posts