Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess i should have measured first but it's not even close. Don't think the 35qt will fit either since the dimension front to back is similar. Sucks cause now I'm going to have to go down to a Roadie. And yes, it still won't fit if I pull it out of the box (they use no packing material). And no, I'm not trying to start a performance cooler debate.

IMG_20140905_175717.jpg

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
That might work better, you got a good air flow underneathe from the the hot engine.

·
Administrator
27,730 Posts
Yeti is a great cooler, expensive, but great. You're starting to look like Scooby Dew with his Corona cooler in the back of his Wildcat

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
35 yeti fits perfect with 1"-2" to spare
I just took all the specs from the Yeti site and measured the Trail cargo box (something I should have done in the first place). As Swamp bomb shows the 35 will fit, 45 I don't think it will because of its width, this is all without down bars. With down bars the Roadie 20 is going to just fit and there is no way a Tundra 35 will. So, i guess I get a Roadie, damit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Roadie with the down bars it fits perfect. Pick up the yeti tie down kit also it works great. I just screwed my anchors right to the bed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
photo (9).JPG Heres a 120 quart cooler,and more room for other items under the rack to sit in the bed. ill be making a rear rack for my wildcat when i get a chance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 45 fits perfect that is what I got because it was the biggest one that would fit. But I don't have the cage extension

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up with a Roadie. It's certainly smaller than what I originally wanted but it will hold enough for me for a day of riding, just won't be much extra for sharing.

IMG_20140920_154327.jpg

IMG_20140920_154303.jpg

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I just looked them up. Man them things are expensive.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing that is cool about the Yeti and some of the other premium coolers is that the tie down systems still allow for opening the lid without having to jack with moving the straps out of the way.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We pulled the 45 out of the box and it just won't fit with the down bars but it is very very close. The 35 will as long as you are not concerned with it sitting on top of the down bar brackets in the bed. Not sitting flat on the bed would have bothered me so Roadie it is.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a orca 40 for the big cat. I have orca and yetti and the orca holds ice way longer.

Anybody lookin at purchasing a good cooler look at the orca's

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey, what about putting the cooler on one of these tire carriers and mounting it down with the yeti mounts.

1436-814-12.jpg tie_downs.jpg
How big of a yeti would fit on this?

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
I ended up with a Roadie. It's certainly smaller than what I originally wanted but it will hold enough for me for a day of riding, just won't be much extra for sharing.
such a lil' thing marc...may i ask how much the 45 qt one costs?...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts