Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just quoted 16,599.00 plus Tax & Lic of 1,396.42 for a total OTD price of $17,885.42 in Calif

Is this a good Deal??

They said that they are giving me a special deal because I volunteer for Rescue 3 a search & rescue group that support open riders & racers here in Calif.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was just quoted 16,599.00 plus Tax & Lic of 1,396.42 for a total OTD price of $17,885.42 in Calif

Is this a good Deal??

They said that they are giving me a special deal because I volunteer for Rescue 3 a search & rescue group that support open riders & racers here in Calif.

Thanks for your input
Not bad, got mine in CA for 17735...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I paid $16850 for the first one and $16650 for the 2nd drive out ,no tax on either of mine cause I live in tx and bought 20 minutes from my house in lausiana.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts

Is this a good Deal??

Thanks for your input
Yes that is right on target.

:fing02:

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I paid 17724.65 and got 750.00 in free arctic cat accessories

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got raped at Bert's. You got a good deal.
we went to Bert's also. $18,700 OTD plus a set of harness belts. The delivery was a joke. I was there for 4 hours. First the cage was gouged, made them replace it, while they were replacing the cage, they scratched the door so I made them replace that too. Service guy was a jerk. Tried to tell me it was already scratched. It wasn't scratched when I picked it out!! Then he tried to be condescending - like I'm an idiot cuz I'm a woman. After the whole ordeal, they begged me to give them good reviews when the survey comes in...ummm, yeah, that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol get em Rf4. Whats that saying a woman scorned or something:rolleyes: Yes Mike thats a purty good deal, snatch it up.

Reactions: rf4

·
Registered
42 Posts
I paid $16850 for the first one and $16650 for the 2nd drive out ,no tax on either of mine cause I live in tx and bought 20 minutes from my house in lausiana.
I always thought that you would get poped on the taxes sooner or later? Is that not true, never bought out of state cause I was always told that it would catch up with you sooner or later? Would be good to know if this was true, would be nice to avoid that $1700-$1800 in sales tax the next time I buy.

Scott

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered one for $15,900 tax $954 Title & Registration $42.50 Total $16,896.50

This dealer had serial #300044 in the showroom. Has 10 on order with mine being 5th in line. Keeping fingers crossed for a speedy delivery.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always thought that you would get poped on the taxes sooner or later? Is that not true, never bought out of state cause I was always told that it would catch up with you sooner or later? Would be good to know if this was true, would be nice to avoid that $1700-$1800 in sales tax the next time I buy.

Scott
Here is the deal

The problem is that in most states you must register the vehicle to use it on or off road. When you go to rtegister it is when they get you for the tax.

If you live in a state like Neveda, where there is no sales tax, or you don't have to register it, then doesn't matter where you buy it.

If you buy it in Utah, they will not charge you tax if you sign a statement that you live in another state. BTW, DP Performance in Ceder City Utah (Same company that put the 2nd place winning WC in the Hammers) are selling the cat for 16,599.00 plus $42.00 prep fee for OTD of $16,641.00. If you live in Utah, they will add a 7% sales tax of 1,164.87

Now in Calif, where I live, You must register all vehicles including anything for offload use only. (The Green & Red sticker program) If you are caught with a unregistered Vehicle you are given a ticket.

Now you are thinking why not get it Nevada or Utah & use it in Calif. That won't work either. Any out of state (non Licensed plated Vehicle) used for off road only, must pay for a guest registration & to get that you must prove that you live & the vehicle are coming from out of state. Even if you have a Licensed plated Vehicle, you are required to register it in Calif in 3 months after you move here. So if you are using a out of state vehicle in Calif, you better be able to prove that you live out of state or that you just moved here or you will end up paying the Sales tax, plus transfer fees, plus a heavy fine for the ticket you just got.

BTW, Utah also requires a guest use registration for all offload vehicles from out of state of $50.00 which is good for the entire year

Also the sales tax will very depending on County & city in Calif. Ave is any were from a low of 7% up to a high of in the City of LA 10.75%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts